Multi-channel recording

Started by sulligogs, December 31, 2005, 13:42:14

Previous topic - Next topic

sulligogs

Hi all,

How would you record a chord from a MIDI keyboard onto your patterns?

In the chord editor window it says that you must have multi-channel record enabled.  But, for the life of me I can't find the option anywhere.

I have selected, say, channels 1, 2 and 3 for recording and in essence they do record keys played simultaneously.  But, the chord is not heard properly until playback.  Also, by pressing, say, C over and over again the recording just seems to loop through the channels - not what I want!

Thanks anyway,

Sulligogs

Relabsoluness

Quote from: "sulligogs"How would you record a chord from a MIDI keyboard onto your patterns?
This is the way I probably would do it(can't test it now since I don't have my MIDI keyboard connected):
First selecting some 'record select'-channels, either manually by right clicking on the channels and choosing from there, or left clicking channels with shift down, then just put the pointer to correct place and play the chord from the MIDI keyboard. Or often I record them 'live', so in this case I start playing the module(or pattern) with follow song enabled and just play them then.

Quote from: "sulligogs"But, the chord is not heard properly until playback.
If you mean that only one note of the chord is playing, this bug, which appeared(?) in rc2 release, has been fixed. You might want to consider downloading latest development build.

Michael_Rybak

Quote from: "Relabsoluness"
This is the way I probably would do it(can't test it now since I don't have my MIDI keyboard connected):

Ah, you totally made my day! This was the last thing I needed from OpenMT to be completely happy with it, and it turns out it has it! Thank you so much for the tip!

LPChip

"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs