How to get a tune to stop

Started by Alstermark, July 10, 2008, 18:12:42

Previous topic - Next topic

Alstermark

Hi!

I´m a new member, and I haven´t been tracking for so long. As a beginner, I wonder how I get a certain tune to "stop". When you don´t have any following tunes (notes) in a channel, the last tune (note) will just continue to be heard, as a long, disturbing noise. I therefor would like to know how to break the sound where I want the channel to be silent.

I would be very thankful for an advice!

LPChip

You can stop a tune from playing by pressing the stop button (shortkey F8)

I suspect however that you don't mean stop the tune, but the note playing.

You can do this by either placing a note-cut (^^^) or a note-off (===).

I'm not entirelly sure what the shortkey is for this button, but if you can look that up in the setup. If you use the impulse tracker keys, then it are 1 = note-cut, `/~ = note-off
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Alstermark

Thank you VERY much! You understood me correctly, and I will soon try your tips.

LPChip

"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

maleek

You are also welcome with more questions.

Vi är några svenskar här också :)

KrazyKatz

Sonic Brilliance Studios
http://www.sonicbrilliance.com