[Pop] Alone (MP3)

Started by bvanoudtshoorn, July 05, 2008, 04:50:40

Previous topic - Next topic

bvanoudtshoorn

A simple piano track with a few pop elements, too. It's been criticised for being a bit too linear; a criticism which I must say I agree with. Nevertheless, I thought I'd put it up here, and get some more opinions. :)

Get it here (source)

Coverart:

LPChip

This is a very nice song Barry!

I was hoping for some backing, and at that moment, it actually came! That made it even better. :)

I disagree that its too linear. I think it should be like this. It really adds to the feeling "Alone". Taking it away will destroy that feeling.

I think you could've add a bit more volume variation to the piano and change notes that are barelly auditable. The first 3 notes you hear when the song starts are repeated alot throughout the song. Changing the volume of the second note to say... v20 will add alot of depth to the song.

You should try it. :)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Sam_Zen

It's indeed 'alone', but with some kind of 'comforting' undertone. Nice.