[Synthpop] Crazy Memories (IT, OGG)

Started by Saga Musix, July 01, 2008, 17:13:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Saga Musix

Another Synthpop track, and I'm very happy with it. I hope you enjoy it as well ;)
Download
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

mrvegas

Very 80s (which is fine with me).  I liked the tune and had a lot of fun with it.  The only criticism might be that the hi-hats were a little too loud.  Other than that, very nice.

Saga Musix

the hi-hats are very present indeed since i use 3 of them (808, 909 and a fake hi-hat that's actually a 808 cymbal). thanks for the comment :)
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Sam_Zen

Nice tune with a positive feeling.
It's quite nasty for me to judge things at the moment, listening with 4 W speakers.
But I think the 'clap' sound could use some added 'Hall'.

Saga Musix

The claps already have plenty of hall. at least the sample has :) maybe it's drowning in the mix.

älskling

I thought there was a little too much sound at some points, but that's probably just my taste. Other than that I like it.

bvanoudtshoorn

Nice work, Jojo. I think that yes, the hats are too loud, and I think that this then led to the main melodic instrument (the chord thinggy) being too loud as well. The hats drown out most things, and then the lead drowns out the hats... :)

Apart from that, you've got a very solid construction here. Some really nice effects through the piece; I particularly like your crazy lead (the non-chord one). Now, if you'd only lower the volumes, it'd lift the bass and the kick out, and this would be a rocking track - it needs that heavy bass. :D I like it!

Saga Musix