[Breakcore] Lubrifonk (mp3 & it) Will hurt you.

Started by CrazyAznGamer, June 26, 2008, 20:03:14

Previous topic - Next topic

CrazyAznGamer

Long time no see, ModPlug. I won't lie and I will admit I've been using renoise, but aGp convinced me to make another Modplug entry for this sdcompo round.

Pick yor' flavor:

mp3
it-zipped

The .it goes with the latest OpenMPT RC, I think.

Shouts to, of course, aGp. Also, to LP, SamZen, BSV, KrazyKatz, Verona, and cubaxd... heyguyz!

Sam_Zen

Certainly my flavor ! This is fast, fat and fonk..
The mp3 is obviously better produced, but I wondered about the specific use of pattern lengths..
112, 64 and 96. Quite rare.
Calculating it seems like a switch between 7/8, 4/8 and 6/8..

aGIANTpupafish

yay so glad you came back. =D

can only listen to the mp3 as I'm not on my computer cos it's broken, but this is awesome crazy madness.   ;D

despite the crazy time signatures and things this remains infectiously funky, and that bassline gets stuck in my head.

look forward to getting my hands on looking at that pattern data :)

let's collab next round? :D
Quote from: "KrazyKatz"Yah, It reminds me of MAD magazine where the farm guys are playing music on a broom with string, a clothes cleaner, a jug until the angry house wife comes and takes all her cleaning stuff.

CrazyAznGamer

samzen: really? I didn't do any post-processing after rendering the it to a wav and converted to mp3. in theory, they should be the same thing... though I suppose rendering can change tracks somehow.

aGp: sure, I would love to collab. drop me a line in my email crazyazngamer at gmail.

LPChip

Weird music!

I would not classify this as breakcore but more experimental/funk perhaps...

As I really don't like experimental stuff, and I do like breakcore, I honestly have to say that I stopped the track after 30 seconds or so :P

Just not my kind of music.

Nevertheless, good to see you back :)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Sam_Zen

2 CrazyAznGamer
So no post-processing. Just checked it again and I think my impression could be due to the fact, that mp3 compression
often leads to less difference in dynamics, so the peaks are less loud, and the weaks are louder.
This can give the impression of a 'more powerful' sound.
So I don't think it's the rendering it to wav, but the conversion to mp3.
Maybe except for one thing : when rendering a module to wav, and 'normalize' is enabled.

Relabsoluness

Nice tune. Can't imagine the weirdness what CrazyAznGamer and Cubaxd co-op would offer :)

Saga Musix

sorry, it didn't break my ears. goal not achieved! :P
this is fun. sounds like some broken peaces of funk cds put together :D i like this! :)
the parts inbetween that don't sound "broken" are quite refreshing, though :)
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

mrvegas

This song reminds of those warnings you sometimes see about strobe lights causing convulsions.  Good fun.  From a tracking standpoint, I imagine this took a while.  Very creative.

I hate to ask, but how do you like Renoise?  I've thought about it, but I've mostly stuck with samples so far, so MPT usually does the job.

CrazyAznGamer

like most programs, renoise takes time to learn to use. but I'm loving it, personally. there's some stuff in renoise (*cough* AUTOMATION *cough*) that is currently a lot harder/time-consuming to pull off in MPT.

the interface is much different, though. switching between MPT and renoise can make one very confused, especially after one gets used to a set of hotkeys while learning a new set. it can be daunting.

my only advice on that part is if you're interested, give it a shot. worst thing that can happen is that you don't like it and uninstall it.

KrazyKatz

Man this stuff is whack! Keep it up man!

Backatcha on the shoutz.
Sonic Brilliance Studios
http://www.sonicbrilliance.com

BooT-SectoR-ViruZ

very squarepusher'ish... unfortunately that guitar sample is going on my nerves apart from being quite repetitive....

nicely produced though
10 years on ModPlug... f#cking hell...

Soundcloud for B-S-V | Soundcloud for DX4-100 | Bandcamp for B-S-V