[short scenes] 3x60 (OGG)

Started by Sam_Zen, June 12, 2008, 23:51:05

Previous topic - Next topic

Sam_Zen

I'm participating in the annual Vox Novus contest by the Radio City Station, New York, called 60x60.
Composers were invited to make a piece of 60 secs. Then 60 of those composition will be broadcast on the flow in an hour.
I made 3 submissions, and I just got a message that they are accepted for the selection.
1) Dologo is made with the tool Audiopaint, using the logo of the contest.
2) Grafitti is made with Coagula, rendered from a freehand painting.
3) Innertetz is tracker-based material, but stretched to exactly 60 sec.
Since the nature of the continuing playback, I intended to stop 1) and 2) abruptly at the end, and as variation added fade in/out in 3).

bvanoudtshoorn

Quick note before I listen, S_Z: the URL for "Grafitti" is incomplete. I managed to get it by using the same naming convention as the other tracks. For anyone else, you can get it here.

OK, now for some actual comments.
1. Dologo
I find the constant movement upwards quite interesting - it reminds me of one of Escher's endless staircases. :)

2. Graffiti
This is very interesting to listen to. I think that you could quite easily lengthen this out to a couple of minutes - it's rhythmically and pitch-ly (:?) interesting, more so than Dologo.

3. Innertetz
I notice a progression towards more rhythmic and melodic in these three tracks - this is the most rhythmic and melodic of the three. Whilst it's interesting, I think I prefer Graffiti. :)

Sam_Zen

Thanks, Barry. I corrected the link.