[experimental]Voice symphony(mp3)

Started by Louigi Verona, June 07, 2008, 13:00:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Louigi Verona

Sam_Zen

Great stuff, Louigi !

Not only technical excellence, but it has a 'color' story, and an emotional atmosphere too.

bvanoudtshoorn

Good thing I could find this one at TiS, LV. :P

When this first started, I must admit that I was quite skeptical. But as it progressed, I found it more and more mesmerising. You have a really solid understanding of minimalist ambient styles, LV. I found the "I don't think it's going to work"/"Yes - can you see a band?" samples nicely ironic. I think a few subtle effects (like reverb) would have given it a bit more "presence". You do use delay here and there to good effect, though. Nice work.

Louigi Verona

"I don't think it's going to work"/"Yes - can you see a band?"

Actually it says "Do you see it bend?" and is from a show where Jerry Andrus and some other guy debunk people who bend spoons with their mind. Jerry Andrus shows a trick which dies the same thing without any mental power. =)

bvanoudtshoorn

Oh, ok! :D I guess I must have heard what I was half-expecting to hear. :)

Louigi Verona

I think it is a good thing. I expect listeners to half-guess what they hear )

mrvegas

Technically very impressive, and I can see that this must have taken a fair amount of time.  Reminds me a little of Stockhausen's famous tape piece using kids' voices.  (Can't remember the name right now.)

uncloned

LV - this is funny - my family made me turn it off!

but it was almost over.

I think it is good - though I wonder if the pace of the development is not too slow.