Mod wheel command (similar to volume command)

Started by bvanoudtshoorn, May 27, 2008, 09:36:44

Previous topic - Next topic

bvanoudtshoorn

It'd be really useful if there was the ability to send modulation messages to plugs as easily as sending volume and pitch bend messages. That is, at the moment you can do something like
C-5 v32 ...
or
C-5 f02 ...
... e02 ...

I'd like to be able to do something like
C-5 m16 ...
... m48 ...

Because the mod has to go both up and down, I think that using a base point, like, say, 32, would be the easiest solution. (But see my other feature request for 128 resolution volume messages - that could apply to this, too.)

Nahkranoth

+2!
Just keeping forgetting all the time to post it here. And it would be good to add a modulation command like nxx or something else to make the transitions smooth.

Saga Musix

Going through old requests... The "mod wheel" is essentially just a MIDI CC (#01, to be precise) message, so it's already as simple as it could be. In case you actually meant the pitch wheel, this can be done using a custom MIDI macro "Ec00z" (Z00 would be the lowest position, Z40 is center, Z7F is max). There you go! Just as simple as you wanted it to be!
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.