Previous topic - Next topic

uncloned

Thought didn't you

something I did a while ago but was not released to the public

there are some flaws, especially in the percussion

http://www.traxinspace.com/song/40407

Chris

Sam_Zen

Sorry, I don't review songs where I'm forced to sign in to be able to download something.

Nahkranoth

Totally agreed. Uncloned, can you put them somewhere else?

uncloned

well.... if you can't press the arrow for online playback which does not need a log in I do not know what to say.....

aGIANTpupafish

Quote from: "uncloned"well.... if you can't press the arrow for online playback which does not need a log in I do not know what to say.....

don't be like that clones =/ they want to help you and give you a more detailed review where they can quote specific times at you, and get a better quality file of course, but don't want to have to sign up for TiS.

a very soft melanchony sound you have here. vocals sound slightly out occasionally, but your lyrics were quite lovely.
Quote from: "KrazyKatz"Yah, It reminds me of MAD magazine where the farm guys are playing music on a broom with string, a clothes cleaner, a jug until the angry house wife comes and takes all her cleaning stuff.

älskling

It's a nice song, I like it. Sad songs say so much.

Sam_Zen

Sorry, uncloned. I should have added my policy on doing reviews :

Apart from not signing up for something, I don't even use online playback, if it's possible to download files.
Sometimes I want to play a song more than once, and I don't want to be dependent of the web, to do so.

Better quality of sound resolution is not one of my priorities in my judgements by the way.

uncloned

I was just sharing my music, not looking for judgement or review.

If someone had a comment - cool. I find it interesting to see my music from someone else's perspective.

But I've been writing music since the 70's and got in almost at the begining of the scene in '92 via an Amiga BBS.

At this point, I know what I write is good for me and do not need affirmation from others. I have worked for decades, literally, without an audience, save a few close friends. Of course the Internet changed that aspect and sharing is fun.

(If you would think my music is good is of course up to you, but it is really not my concern if you see what I mean - I'm not composing for you - with all due respect.)

I will say though that you guys reviewing and commenting especially to help others is a great thing. Some people do need it and having a helping hand is hard to find, especially when you start out.

I did my time on the Weekly Module Review review staff (and then IMM when it changed due to a silly leagal letter) and I am presently reviewing and commenting and discussing topics like harmonization and mcrotonality in the forums on Trax in Space.

At one time ModPlugCentral was easy going. A good alternative to TiS when Saurin was trying to make TiS into a business venture.

Of course, at one time you could download from TiS w/o login, too.

Things change I guess.  I used to hate TiS but now I really like it.

If I can upload my stuff to ModPlug, I will. Otherwise, its not worth the trouble for me. My son has a website he lets me use but asked me not to post stuff on forums.

Though... is being restrictive ever a good thing?

chris (and the clones) uncloned aka Chris Vaisvil

Quote from: "Sam_Zen"Sorry, uncloned. I should have added my policy on doing reviews :

Apart from not signing up for something, I don't even use online playback, if it's possible to download files.
Sometimes I want to play a song more than once, and I don't want to be dependent of the web, to do so.

Better quality of sound resolution is not one of my priorities in my judgements by the way.

uncloned

Perhaps you do want to add this restriction into the "posting instructions" above... I fail to see this listed there, and I did read them before I posted my links. Otherwise I woud not have bothered.

chris

Quote from: "Sam_Zen"Sorry, uncloned. I should have added my policy on doing reviews :

Sam_Zen

Definitely no such restrictions here! This is just an indivudual concern of me, and has nothing to do with the forum rules.

QuoteI'm not composing for you - with all due respect.
I second that perspective concerning publication of works.

älskling

Quote from: "uncloned"At one time ModPlugCentral was easy going.

I'd like to think it still is... But just like UT, OSS and now CTG it suffers from a severe lack of active members.

Anyway, since you're into microtonality, did you check out the rather new tuning function of OpenMPT? Not that I have any idea how it works, but perhaps you'll find it useful.

Sam_Zen

Microtonality ? Interesting.. tell me more, in which OMPT dialog can I find this ?

uncloned

Quote from: "Sam_Zen"Microtonality ? Interesting.. tell me more, in which OMPT dialog can I find this ?

there is a brief whisper in the development forums if you really search.

Spectra on TiS figured out how to use openMPT tunings.

I found support for it - nonexistant here - its just mentioned to exist.

It is simple enough to do once you now it.

As he said it is a interface built by programmers for programming.
Alas I am a chemist.
You develop your new tning and drag and drop into the normal tuning area for each instrument.

as for developing harmony in the microtuned world - best of luck!

it is a complex issue. few guidelines but your ears.

you may start here with example mp3's (you can download)

http://eceserv0.ece.wisc.edu/~sethares/otherperson/all_mp3s.html

there are other links - look for Ben Johnston

uncloned

Quote from: "Sam_Zen"Sorry, I don't review songs where I'm forced to sign in to be able to download something.

why is there so little traffic here?

bvanoudtshoorn

Quote from: "Uncloned"why is there so little traffic here?

I don't know. :( There are five to six "regulars", five to six "occasionals", and probably about fifty lurkers. It's more vibrant than CTG, though... :)