Who can give me a teaching video

Started by burnning, May 09, 2008, 14:35:15

Previous topic - Next topic

burnning

I manufacture MOD cannot make the sound. :oops:

Dictator

I don't understand what's the problem. I assume you have tried to use the program but don't know how.

Read Getting started and Your first song articles on the OMPT wiki. I can't give you a video because I don't know if one exists. Those documents helped me a lot when I began tracking.

bvanoudtshoorn

+1 on Dictator here. The wiki is your friend. :) Also, you should try downloading a few modules and seeing how they fit together; somewhere like TMA is a good place for MODs. (Most people here tend to release MP3s which have been mastered a bit...)

burnning

Sam_Zen

Well, in some way, if language is difficult, I can understand the need for a visual representation.
There's no such video. I've seen a few movies with the pattern-tab running with some music, that's all.
And I'm not sure if a video would be very efficient for education. If image should be added to text, characters or speech,
it's enough to add some screenshot of a certain stage in the process.

2 burnning
Dictator is right, check a wiki first.
And BvO is right, get some MODs and check out how it's done, in relation to what you hear.
And educate yourself with the offered technical knowledge about some file formats and their code-sets.
Triggered by this, I remembered an unfinished page I made about ModPlug with some tips here.

Saga Musix

I think it's a nice idea to start a little video project for MPT as it exists for other trackers like Milky or Renoise. You can use CamStudio, it's free and doesn't show a watermark.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LPChip

I guess I could do something like that. I own a camstudio license too.  I'm just a lazy talker :P But atleast I could show how to do something, and incorporate text to the images to point things out. :)

Basically how stuff has been done for other trackers too...
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

burnning

THX I anticipate your teaching extremely
:lol:

Sam_Zen

I'm confused a bit. Jojo calls CamStudio free, while LPChip has a license.
(I've got this app on my system too, but so far, I did no serious action with it)

2 burnning
I am just curious (and probably impertinent) :
Do you write the english text directly yourself when posting, or do you write in your native language,
and then use some pc- or web-translator to convert it to English ?
I wondered about this when reading 'anticipate', which obviously should have been 'appreciate'.

LPChip

Ah my bad XD

I have a license for Camtasia Studio. I always mix those 2 XD
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

i wondered too. i mean, camstudio is even open source :P
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.