sample search

Started by kit beats, April 23, 2008, 07:39:21

Previous topic - Next topic

kit beats

Can anyone help me!

Im looking for wah wah samples, i dont know if you call it that way but it go's like wahwahwahwahaw  ;D

Or how to make! i guess..

Regards!
"get the piece sounding pristine." - KrazyKats
..Like this one, definatly got the Sam Zen
individuality in it... - Asharin

LPChip

Use any kind of sample (from saw to guitar), and apply a wahwah VST effect. Its that easy. :)

If you can't find any of those, you can try a flanger or chorus VST. Its not the same, but could possibly be tweaked by that plugin to produce a wahwah.

In fact, it could very well be that wahwah is a type of flanger.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Louigi Verona

To do a wah wah just change the cut-off frequency in that manner - very fast from down to up and back - like a sine wave. Easy as that.

kit beats

ok, i must try that, thank you.

maybe this is also something http://www.coyotes.bc.ca/Wah.html

LPChip

Yeah, that would work, although there are alot of wah plugins, where some even have tweakable settings to get the most unique wahs. I don't know what this plugin was called that Rewbs used in a compo a few years ago, but it had wah capabilities too, and very dynamic. (interface was blue purple gradient with 4 stage filter settings)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

kit beats

Quote from: "Louigi Verona"To do a wah wah just change the cut-off frequency in that manner - very fast from down to up and back - like a sine wave. Easy as that.

I got a sample : set filter on it (cut off) and then very fast from down to up and back?? what do you mean by that?

Regards!

bvanoudtshoorn

Quote from: "Samplekit"what do you mean by that?
OK. You can do this in MPT. Load up the sample as an instrument (in an IT/MPTM file). Now, in the Instruments tab, set the Q factor (the resonance) of the filter somewhere in the middle to high region. Now get that sample playing (looping, preferably). The filter cutoff slider just above is your friend - waggle it back and forth at a moderate speed to get your wah-wah.

kit beats

Quote from: "bvanoudtshoorn"
Quote from: "Samplekit"what do you mean by that?
OK. You can do this in MPT. Load up the sample as an instrument (in an IT/MPTM file). Now, in the Instruments tab, set the Q factor (the resonance) of the filter somewhere in the middle to high region. Now get that sample playing (looping, preferably). The filter cutoff slider just above is your friend - waggle it back and forth at a moderate speed to get your wah-wah.

I use skaletracker :oops:

bvanoudtshoorn

Quote from: "Samplekit"I use skaletracker :oops:

:shock: Well, load up MPT and try it in there... You'll at least get the idea. :)

kit beats

Quote from: "bvanoudtshoorn"
Quote from: "Samplekit"I use skaletracker :oops:

:shock: Well, load up MPT and try it in there... You'll at least get the idea. :)

Yes I Know:), thanks for the tips.
I can make that in mpt, save it as wav.
I also going to check the vst, i think that's the easyest way.

kit beats

Just got the wahwahGT.dll open and got an strato guitar?! on it!

But i cant hear a great wahwah man!

hmmmmnzz maybe can anyone drop some pictures to make a great wahwahwah in MPT?  !!

Regards,

kit beats

Yes that would be nice..........?! :wink:

I got something in my mind, i need chiptune samples, anyone who can help me with that?

Little samples that makes sound and maybe i can loop, i don't know and i never used it before so im exsited.

Regards!