[Synthpop] Tech Star (IT, OGG)

Started by Saga Musix, April 21, 2008, 19:08:58

Previous topic - Next topic

Saga Musix

This track is kinda dedicated to elwood's old tracks. it didn't make it into the breakpoint 2008 streamed music compo, but anyway, here you are. enjoy this piece of synthpop! :)

download
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Sam_Zen

Excellent. Happy synthpop without pretentions.
I must say that I found playing back the plain IT file, without the plugins, even a bit more powerful.

bvanoudtshoorn

Ah, I recognise this from the Novus compo. :) IIRC, I voted it quite highly. I really like this one. The influence of the older trackers' stuff is clear: I'd recognise that lead anywhere! (And I love it!) You manage to use it in some quite novel ways, which is really nice. My only gripe is that the sound quality seems a bit low in parts, but that might just be because of the really thick pad you use. This is what we'd be hearing if all the old trackers had access to all the fun toys we do now, like VSTis and VSTs. :D Great stuff, Jojo.

Saga Musix

thanks for your feedback so far :) i'm really not a master at mastering ( :lol: ), but i always try to improve. i certainly didn't recognize that the "optimised" version off the pad is probably a bit too thick...
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

bvanoudtshoorn

Well, the mixing of the instruments is good. But yeah, I'd say that pad's a tad thick. If you thinned it out, the entire track would become a lot lighter. That's not always what you want, of course, but my personal opinion is that it'd sound good in this track.

But I like the track! I don't wanna harp on about the only issue I have with it! :D It's a really solid piece of work.

cubaxd

mrvegas

Great stuff -- I don't know if I've heard anything from you yet that is this finished sounding, both in terms of sound quality and structurally.  Nice ending.  Good to hear quality techno\synth music with melody and harmony and actual chord changes.

Saga Musix

thank you for your comment :) be sure to stay tuned for my next synthpop tune which i will release very soon :)