Generator: six oscillator additive synthesis (untuned)

Started by bvanoudtshoorn, April 18, 2008, 18:34:28

Previous topic - Next topic

bvanoudtshoorn

Thought this might be of interest to some. It's a little plug I've been producing; it's really just for experimentation and producing interesting sounds. It's a generator, not a synth in the normal sense. Basically, it's a six-oscillator plug, where each oscillator has independent pitch, pan, ADSR, and volume controls; these are then additively combined to produce an interesting sound. It won't respond differently to different notes - basically, when you hit a note, it'll sound, and when you take your finger off, it'll stop. :) It's fully automatible.

I still would like to add the ability to use phase-offset for each oscillator at some stage, but I don't quite know how I'll go about that in Synthedit. :D Anyway, some of you might find it mildly amusing for a minute or so.

Get it here.

Nahkranoth

Hmm, there's no keytracking?
Lets see if this thing can do powersaw :D
I'm glad that you're into SE. Maybe we'll see something interesting soon?
In the meantime, would you please add keytracking and maybe some presets ::)

bvanoudtshoorn

Yeah, I know there's no keytracking. :) I actually kept it out on purpose - it's more of an experimental system, so that you can see how different frequencies interact. That being said, I can probably change it to using *relative* frequencies... Hm...

Presets? Yeah, if I get a chance! :D