Anyone got a choir?

Started by SoundCrafter, March 28, 2008, 21:41:02

Previous topic - Next topic

SoundCrafter

No, seriously, is anyone here in charge of or part of an adult choir?

I'm looking for a recording of Mozart's  "Lacrymosa", but I need it on key, on tempo (consistently, no rubato, to a whole-number tempo via metronome), and A CAPELLA. Fun stuff, right?

anyone interested?

Thanks, dudes.

Also, hi agaain everyone! Been a while.
---Formerly known as ---DjBj---. changed names for lots of reasons.
BooT-SectoR-ViruZ is the new Skaven and the whole world'z goin' to Hell.
Lowpass filter! Perform a generic type of dodge!!! :lol:
Everyone should get on this forum's chatroom RIGHT NOW...still not sure why, though.

KrazyKatz

Howdy,

I know of choirs, but they cost $$$.

I can't really imagine you could pull something like this off for free. You got a budget?
Sonic Brilliance Studios
http://www.sonicbrilliance.com

LPChip

I have a DLS bank with very good choirs in it. Could that be of any use?
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

SoundCrafter

@Krazy: That's what I'm worrying. I'm slowly developing a budget (just got employed again)

@LP: Tell me about it. And I can't quite remember what DLS is!  :P
Everyone should get on this forum's chatroom RIGHT NOW...still not sure why, though.

älskling

Why not join a choir and work it from the inside, becoming "The Undercover Choirboy"? Or less realistically use overdubbing and some choir effect such as Clone Ensemble.

a DLS is like a soundfont.

EDIT: added link

SoundCrafter

Resources, Alskling.

I'm not sure anyone I know has the equipment to provide headphones and a set of area mics to record an unaccompianed choir.

PLus, I don't like my choir's sound all that much. Not very mature.

EDIT: alskling, Clone Ensemble is badASS! Thanks for the link!

LPChip

The soundfont bank I have is kinda big... near 200 megs.

Its name is: Studio_Works_2007_light.dls

I can't however find it using google, but then again, I've downloaded this 2 years ago.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

SoundCrafter

If it's just a choir of "Oohs" and "Ahs", I'm covered. Reason's got some nice samples as far as that goes.

I think I might try the Clone Ensemble approach. I was kind of impressed with the demo.

LPChip

Quote from: "SoundCrafter"If it's just a choir of "Oohs" and "Ahs", I'm covered. Reason's got some nice samples as far as that goes.

I think I might try the Clone Ensemble approach. I was kind of impressed with the demo.

It is, but very rich. When I hear its sound, I would swear that I hear a real choir singing ohs and ahs in a cathedral.

SoundCrafter

I'll give it a shot anyway, then.

Can you possibly FTP it?

LPChip

Quote from: "SoundCrafter"I'll give it a shot anyway, then.

Can you possibly FTP it?

If you have an ftp server, I'm willing to up it for you there. You can PM me with account details. :)

SoundCrafter

Haha, my mistake, I thought YOU had a server. Guess me memory fails.

LPChip

Quote from: "SoundCrafter"Haha, my mistake, I thought YOU had a server. Guess me memory fails.

I used to, but not anymore.

Saga Musix

» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

bvanoudtshoorn

Hey LP - I could temporarily host the file, if you like. Send me a PM or MSN me and we'll work something out. As Jojo says, we could organise Hamachi to get it to me, then I can FTP it up, or something. :)

EDIT: I have it up at my site; anyone interested, let me know. I'll PM you the details. I'll take it down in the next forty-eight hours or so, though, so move quickly! Thanks to LPChip for the stuff.