[Soundtrack (Industrial)] EdgEffex (mp3)

Started by Harbinger, March 22, 2008, 04:07:27

Previous topic - Next topic

Harbinger

EdgeEffex

The FIRST decent song composed with MPT, at least one i'm proud to keep. You'll notice the song is amateurish at best, but not color-by-number. My electronic music tends to be subdued even subliminal, compared to how i might compose the same idea in a Classical vein. I use few colors, but a variety of paintstrokes like panning and VST effects, to really suck everything out of the sounds that i can. And you can begin to see this here. Again this was supposed to be a UT99 background music.

BTW, after a couple of bad experiences with MPT's .mp3 saves (which i'm sure we've all had!), i decided to save the song as a .wav, and convert with SoundApp, an excellent albeit obsolete albeit still effective Mac application. However, i actually under-bit-sampled the song when converting, and it not only diluted the original stereoscopy but also muted the hi-freq metal sounds that you can now only barely hear. If plenty of you think it's worthy enough to re-convert, speak up. I don't have the original .wav, but i kept the original .it.

bvanoudtshoorn

I can't seem to download this one. :( The MPC download thing seems to be throwing a bunch of random characters into the URL.

Harbinger

Thanks for letting us know so quickly. MisterX (now being called DoctorX) has fixed the problem, and everything's go!

Lemme know what you think, bvanoudtshoorn! (Don't you have a nickname or something?! :wink: )

Sam_Zen

This one was a buggy download, the 1st time it got stuck at 3 secs before the end. After a cacheclean the 2nd DL succeeded.
And MisterX stays MisterX to me. :)

Edit: It's not amateurish, but very basic. And the bass-line could have benefit of some LF boost.