[DECLINED] MPT Midi connect with "master" an

Started by RG (aka AUDIOMONSTER), March 22, 2008, 03:01:41

Previous topic - Next topic

RG (aka AUDIOMONSTER)

Hi,

An interesting feature would be the possiblity to link MPT in MIDI, on the same machine, with a bank application, with MPT as master.

Thus, it would be easier to work with MPT piloting MIDI exclusive applications, like developper's kit MIDI sequencers (Nintendo DS "Nitrosoundmaker"), etc).

I remember doing such a thing 13 years ago on a videogame ("Fade to Black") using an Amiga 1200 with Octamed, connected to Power PC samplers cards and Akai and Roland Samplers. Worked fine ;-) But it was a connexion between different machines.

And what I'm interested in is the possiblity to do such thing between MPT and programs on the SAME machine.

Maybe a VST plug already enables such a fonction ?

Anyone knows ?

Thanks.

älskling

Tobybear made plugin called VST2MID and it's part of his midibag suite. The plugin allows a VST host to send midi data to a midi out port.

Apart from that you need something like MIDI Yoke. This gives you MIDI out ports that are re-routed to MIDI in ports.

RG (aka AUDIOMONSTER)

Very interesting, thanks a lot for the info :-)

levon zoltar

if you got this working, post up!! asap
i´ve allready checkd out vst2midi , got mpt playin my hardware synths
really dope feature... now i would like to sync mpt with acid
and record those synths to separate audio tracks, that would be the bomb!!

RG (aka AUDIOMONSTER)

I've not tryed yet, so much work before ;-)

As for me, I'd like to pilot "Nitrosoundmaker", the Nintendo DS MIDI exclusive music maker.

Would be terribly more simple if I could manage to do so...

Saga Musix

Going through old requests... älsking basically already outlined the solution: Use OpenMPT's MIDI I/O plugin and something like MIDI Yoke to create a virtual MIDI connection between OpenMPT and any other MIDI-capable application. Writing a virtual MIDI driver really isn't in the scope of the OpenMPT project.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.