[other] Walk True (OGG)

Started by Sam_Zen, March 08, 2008, 04:57:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Sam_Zen

This is my credo-file. Walk on the true path.
It's made according to natural harmonics by physical laws of numbers, not the well-tempered adjusted system.
Done in a hybrid way, with the PC-mixer, tracker-techniques and an analog synth.

http://www.samshuijzen.nl/sam/selfmux/2walktru.ogg

Saga Musix

nice phaser sounds :) i like it!
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Saga Musix

Just listened to it again, and this is pretty awesome. Interesting, the spectrum doesn't seem to change at 2:23 at all, where the phaser effect is changing.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Sam_Zen

As Clones used to say : Thanks for listening again Jojo.. You were the only one with a comment last year :)

I don't understand your remark about 2:23, I'm afraid. Just a higher harmonic is introduced around there.

uncloned

I think this may pre-date my return to modplug because this sounds really interesting. At the moment I'm stuck in a waiting room so it has to wait. Is it music based on manipulating harmonics?  I've been toying with that idea and Barry actually made me a couple vsti for that purpose.

uncloned

Quote from: "Jojo"Just listened to it again, and this is pretty awesome. Interesting, the spectrum doesn't seem to change at 2:23 at all, where the phaser effect is changing.

What you are talking about sounds like a comb filter at first.

I have an electroharmonix electric mistress (original 75 version or so I bought new ;-) ) that allows you to disengage the sweep - this turns the flanger into a comb filter - you can get a similar effect by taking a short (10, 20 ms) timed echo and increasing the feedback towards resonance (runaway feedback) - the frequencies in the signal that  coincide (resonate) with the period of the echo (or comb if you will) are accentuated and the frequencies that do not are suppressed. I suppose it looks like a comb in a spectrum analyzer and this give it its name.

here is a pic - it looks just like this but mine is a touch older. Its a weird pedal - requires 18 volts DC - must be because of being made of discrete transistors.

uncloned

Sam, I really, really like this!

It is so.... minimal of a concept but you've made it really interesting.

My idea was to do additive synthesis - what waveform, if you remember did you start with?

The noise gongs are really interesting too.

this is really cool !

Sam_Zen

I dunno how I started this, I closed with the two basic sound material phrases I made this of.

Saga Musix

Quote from: "Sam_Zen"Thanks for listening again Jojo.. You were the only one with a comment last year :)
I noticed that, and I thought it was a shame that there were no other comments on this great piece, so I felt like reviving this thread.

Quote from: "Sam_Zen"I don't understand your remark about 2:23, I'm afraid. Just a higher harmonic is introduced around there.

Well, the change of the harmonics is definitely audible, but when you look at the 3d spectrum of xmplay, there seems to be no change at all. I just noticed that, it's nothing important... ;) But this tune is seriously awesome.