6. Liquids
7. Robots Interlude
8. Solitary
9. Levitation
10. Beyond Repetition
11. Afterglow
12. Monk
13. Outro

Concept: all tunes are made WITHOUT using music making programs such as trackers or sequencers. Mostly done with the help of GoldWave and Savihost.
Everything is written and arranged by Louigi Verona.

bvanoudtshoorn

Hmm... Back to TiS to download these ones, Louigi. :) Your server really doesn't like me.

Sam_Zen

(As I first DL the tracks, I added a heading number to the filenames to keep the right playback order.)
I know GoldWave, quite a 'vintage' wav-editor in the meantime. I don't know Savihost.
Is this a host for VST plugins ?

At first glance I was curious about tr 12 'Monk'.
But I started with the intro.

Beautiful. It gives a strong analog sound impression.
This continues even stronger in Magic Circuit and Drone Etude.
Then a quick jump to Monk. The same synced delay is used as in Magic Circuit. Very nice.

I'm very enthousiastic. This is how electronic sound art should be, with its own unique properties.

bvanoudtshoorn

I really liked this, LV; both the concept and the music itself. Personally, I'm not a huge fan of this "drone" ambience (if I listen to ambience, I generally prefer something more melodic, like your "Window in the Sky" series), but I nevertheless enjoyed it.

I am curious, though, how you achieved sequenced sounds (like the arps) without using any sequencers. Do ones built into plugs count? :D Or were you playing them all live, and recording directly? That's the only way I can see a track like "Robots Interlude" being recorded, as it is very melodic, especially compared to the other tricks in the LP.

Louigi Verona

Savihost is a simple app which allows to run plugins without a sequencer. I was playing them live and recording the output either to Gold Wave or to a wave file.

Arps were made with some very simple plugin there that had an arpeggiator in it and a filter. I was tweaking it all live, usually adding delay and other effects later.

"Robots Interlude" was one of the most frustrating jobs on this LP because my office computer has no ASIO and so when you press a key on your keyboard there are latency gaps. Because of that it was difficult to play a melody correctly and I spend like half a day rerecording those simple sequencies and trying to synchronize them.

Synchronization was another big problem. GoldWave has no multitrack mixer, so I had to either do the mixing by ear and eye or use another technique, which was play to what's playing in GoldWAve with Savihost and record a wave straight to HDD by Savihost. That way you could later mix it and if you pick the right point synchronization was perfect.

Oh, and another funny fact about the album is that, as I've mentioned above, it was fully made in the office of my job, at times when I was bored or inspired.

lilmanjs16

I must say that I really like liquids and afterglow.

Louigi Verona

Quote from: "lilmanjs16"I must say that I really like liquids and afterglow.

Thx! "Afterglow" is currently one of my best tunes in the dronemusic genre =)