[Synth Rock] Saga Musix vs Teasy - Engage (IT, OGG)

Started by Saga Musix, February 10, 2008, 13:36:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Saga Musix

As you may remember, forum member Teasy asked for people who'd do a coop track with him. Well, we did one and now I finally released it (almost 1 year after tracking it, shame on me...).

Engage
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Sam_Zen

Strong piece.
Nice contrast between the more 'raw' sounds and the rather 'retro' synth sounds.

bvanoudtshoorn

Wow - you've got a lot of really good, really different musical ideas in this track! I like the fact that you created a unified whole (especially through the instruments) despite the number of different ideas. Again, good stuff! :D

Harbinger

Must i play the Simon again?

With Engage, i heard some good ideas that are blended in an aimless medley, uninspired melodies and chord progressions. It seems like the song doesn't know what it wants to do, and again it's badly mixed...

Sam_Zen

I don't mind the mix, but at second thought I think Harbinger has a point about medley and melodies.
But I stopped a long time ago to comment about especially melodies or so-called solo's, because it's a common
thing, that they always stay very strictly inside the harmonic laws, using thirds, fifths and octaves.

Who's Simon ?

Harbinger

You know, the critic everyone loves to hate on American Idol...

No, i don't watch it either, but his reputation precedes him.

Like him, i tend to come off as sounding "official".... :)