[DUPE] Indication of current global volume.

Started by Saga Musix, September 23, 2008, 12:15:27

Previous topic - Next topic

Saga Musix

I think the title says it all. At the moment, you can get the current channel volume in the status bar, but not the global volume.

Edit: Related entry on the issue tracker: http://bugs.openmpt.org/view.php?id=277
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Sam_Zen

You've got a point here. I suppose you mean the status bar when the Pattern tag is active.
Because the General tag has the global volume slider on top.

OT: While checking this, I noticed that the value there is greyed out, while the slider still functions.

Saga Musix

QuoteBecause the General tag has the global volume slider on top.
not quite true as this only displays the initial global volume. the global volume may well change during a piece and it would be nice to know the current global volume, f.e. when you're doing volume slides.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Sam_Zen

Yep, you're right, some code could overrule the initial slider.

LPChip

Quote from: "Sam_Zen"Yep, you're right, some *code* could overrule the initial slider.

code = pattern effects to make things clear. :)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Sam_Zen