[Dance] Plus que juste un rêve (MP3)

Started by bvanoudtshoorn, January 17, 2008, 10:00:56

Previous topic - Next topic

bvanoudtshoorn

I wrote this track for my girlfriend. :) It was our 2.5 year "anniversary". For those interested, the lyrics are below.

Get it here.

Dites-moi - c'était plus que juste un rêve?
Tell me - was it more than just a dream?
Je dois savoir - juste un rêve? Dites-moi.
I have to know - just a dream? Tell me.
 (repeat)

Ariel, je vous aime.
Ariel, I love you.
Je vous aime, Ariel.
I love you, Ariel.

Ariel.
Ariel. ::)

Ariel - vous êtes plus que juste une rêve.
Ariel - you are more than just a dream.

Ariel.
Ariel.

älskling

Enjoyable track, but I think the spoken parts could be much louder.

EDIT: and of course, congratulations on the 2.5 year anniversary!

bvanoudtshoorn

Wow - that was a quick reply! :)

Thanks - yeah, I had a bit of difficulty with the vocals. At first, they were much louder, but then they felt too loud. I finally decided that quieter was better, but I'm still not convinced. I think you might be right - if I get a chance, I'll remaster this track, and pump up the vocals a bit.

Glad you enjoyed it!

aGIANTpupafish

c'était excellent!
It was excellent.

I though the vocals were about the right volume, only the tiniest bit louder if at all.

Off topic: Nearly finished my bv compo entry btw <3
Quote from: "KrazyKatz"Yah, It reminds me of MAD magazine where the farm guys are playing music on a broom with string, a clothes cleaner, a jug until the angry house wife comes and takes all her cleaning stuff.

Saga Musix

nice electronica, but, as already stated, the vocals are barely audible / understandable...
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

bvanoudtshoorn

Thanks!

@Jojo: Yeah, I think that something needs to be done with the vocals...

@aGp: Thank you! Glad you're entry's going well. I look forward to hearing it. :)

Sam_Zen

Très agreable.. :)
I sense a problem with the vocals too, concerning following the text. Vocals are more delicate to handle, than instruments imo.
Because vocals are not just sound, but also have an obligation to be 'read'.
This doesn't always have to mean pumping up the volume.

Sometimes it's not a matter of balance in volume, but of the production, in this case especiallly the panorama.
The vocals are, added with delays etc. very wide-spread between L + R, while some main percussion and bass is quite tightly located in the center. Maybe it's an idea to exchange these properties.

mrvegas

Very cool -- your style of writing seems to translate pretty well to electronica.  Maybe you have already remastered it, but I heard the vocals just fine.

Ariel -- that's a pretty dreamy name.

bvanoudtshoorn

Quote from: "mrvegas"Very cool -- your style of writing seems to translate pretty well to electronica.  Maybe you have already remastered it, but I heard the vocals just fine.

Ariel -- that's a pretty dreamy name.

Thanks, mrvegas! No, I haven't remastered it yet. Those vocals seem to be a very subjective point... :)

Yeah, a dreamy name for a pretty girl. :) (Aww :P)