.49 How to solve that autosave problem

Started by Saga Musix, December 31, 2007, 12:20:36

Previous topic - Next topic

Saga Musix

Since our flamey thread got deleted, I have to open a new one... :P
If you want to avoid autosave problems, you have to introduce a new variable, something like "autosavechanged". If MPT creates an autosave, this variable has to be set to false. If the pattern data gets changed, not only the "changed" flag has to be reset but also this new variable. And if MPT tries to autosave again, it has to check if "autosavechanged" is still set to false. In this case, it would not create another autosave.
Just my 2 cents...
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Relabsoluness

Quote from: "Jojo"Since our flamey thread got deleted, I have to open a new one... :P
Good that it's reopened - it nevertheless seemed to be a valid bug report. Unfortunately the description of the problem was lost with the old thread. The problem was, if I remember correctly, that more autosavefiles were created than specified in the autosave settings. While there were two reports of the problem, the bug doesn't seem to occur for everyone.

Saga Musix

i guess that this solution (introducing a new variable) should solve 33's problem and it will also reduce disk load on any system. :)
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LPChip

"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

Saga Musix

Working on a fix... :)
Closing this one as I don't really have to wait for the thread starter to confirm that it's fixed :nuts: