[Orchestral] Prelude (WMA)

Started by bvanoudtshoorn, December 07, 2007, 12:41:27

Previous topic - Next topic

bvanoudtshoorn

I wrote this track for the graduation processional at my dad's work (he's a lecturer). That's why it's so short! Again, I used Kontakt for everything...

I tried to be a little bit more creative with how I handled the melody - I throw it around a bit more (especially in the woodwinds). I also used much more brass than I usually do, for a bit of a fanfare-like atmosphere in parts.

Let me know what you think!

Download it here.

Sam_Zen

It may be fanfare-like, but I also sense a tenderness in the atmosphere.

bvanoudtshoorn

Thanks! Yes, you're right. Because it's a graduation, there's a bit of joy and sadness mixed together in the ceremony, so I guess the mixture in the piece worked out for that.  :D

mrvegas

Outstanding!  This is the best piece I've heard from you.  From a compositional standpoint you did a great job of layering the parts over the repeating chord structure -- sort of like Pachelbel's Canon.  The sound you got from Kontakt is excellent, too.  Does this work well with Modplug?

Excellent piece -- a keeper.

On second listening, I just wanted to note that I like the middle section as well.

bvanoudtshoorn

Thanks!

Yeah, Kontakt works well with Modplug, if you use a workaround. It seems that Modplug's VST implementation isn't 100%, so some plugs just don't work. Fortunately, Modplug supports Xlutop Chainer 100%, and Chainer supports all VSTs 100%, so all I do is stick Kontakt into Chainer. Very little extra resources. (Chainer's footprint is about 10MB, compared to Kontakt's 280 =D)

Again, thanks. It's great to get feedback.