Author Topic: [trip-hop] America Is the Master (mp3)  (Read 4952 times)

Offline AppO

  • Active artist
  • *
  • Posts: 43
    • http://www.appas.org
[trip-hop] America Is the Master (mp3)
« on: November 24, 2007, 00:58:25 »
Unfortunately (or not) the bass drum I have finally inserted to replace a distorded one, sounds a bit like Timbaland productions. I've read on Wikipedia that this man began music with Fast Tracker... Maybe not a total coincidence.

Listen here.


 :)
The Humble Craftsman aka Viktor Ugo-Appas aka Jolimelodia

Offline Sam_Zen

  • Extreme artist
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,689
    • http://www.xs4all.nl/~samzen/
[trip-hop] America Is the Master (mp3)
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2007, 02:45:10 »
I like the piece and the statement. Pity it's mono.
0.618033988

Offline Saga Musix

  • OpenMPT Developers
  • *****
  • Posts: 7,333
  • aka Jojo
    • Download music, samples, VST plugins: Saga Musix Website
  • Operating System: Windows 10 x64
Re: [trip-hop] America Is the Master (mp3)
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2007, 12:21:08 »
Timbaland sucks, he stole scenemusic, he didn't "inspire" himself, and everything the french wikipedia says is
Quote
Il s'est inspiré des modules fastrackers

Inspiration is not the same as making modules. He rather stole them. Read about the latest case of music theft.

Quote from: "AppO"
I've read on Wikipedia that this man began music with Fast Tracker... Maybe not a total coincidence.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Offline AppO

  • Active artist
  • *
  • Posts: 43
    • http://www.appas.org
Mono ? No !
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2007, 01:13:59 »
Quote from: "Sam_Zen"
I like the piece and the statement. Pity it's mono.


Sure ? I have checked. Maybe you mean that stereo field is not superwide ?

:?:
The Humble Craftsman aka Viktor Ugo-Appas aka Jolimelodia

Offline AppO

  • Active artist
  • *
  • Posts: 43
    • http://www.appas.org
Re: [trip-hop] America Is the Master (mp3)
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2007, 02:02:29 »
Quote from: "Jojo"
Timbaland sucks, he stole scenemusic, he didn't "inspire" himself, and everything the french wikipedia says is
Quote
Il s'est inspiré des modules fastrackers

Inspiration is not the same as making modules. He rather stole them. Read about the latest case of music theft.

Quote from: "AppO"
I've read on Wikipedia that this man began music with Fast Tracker... Maybe not a total coincidence.



Gosh ! This info cruelly confirms the topic of my track. I have edited the french wikipedia article to inform french speaking readers.

Big Thanks.

AppO[/url]
The Humble Craftsman aka Viktor Ugo-Appas aka Jolimelodia

Offline mrvegas

  • Workaholic artist
  • ***
  • Posts: 185
[trip-hop] America Is the Master (mp3)
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2007, 02:45:07 »
I liked the tune from a production standpoint.  It sounds very professional.  The bass is pretty funky, and the horn sounds late in the song are a nice touch.