[Easy Listening] Disaster Strikes (.mp3)

Started by LPChip, November 13, 2007, 12:01:52

Previous topic - Next topic

LPChip

All the wars, the problems, nature being upset, etc... makes me feel bad.

I've played a piece on my piano that illustrates the feeling.

As usual the piece is a straight recorded improvisation.

I really love how the song came together.

It also has a few surprising facts that I like. At exactly 4:00 minutes, there's a twistpoint. (wasn't planned) and the song is exactly 5:55 minutes long.

Download here! (5.688 kB)

Enjoy, and feedback is always welcome. :)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

residentgrey

I liked this tune, a couple phrases reminded me of this one song i heard a few times called "Suicide for 2 Pianos" by Bladiator, off of remix.kwed.org. Both songs make me think of being swept in a dance among anger passion and fear.

EDIT but LP's is way darker, me likey darkness...
No two people are not on fire...AWWW!

Web and Graphic Design just for you!
I r GhostMech on there, forever scouting.

JimGin

For me this song feels like the heavier keys is describing the bad feeling/situation of war and the lighter keys tries to ask why its all happening.
After awhile it feels like the lighter keys and the heavier ones are having an argument with eachother just like a war would start and thus i can relate this song to its supposed feeling.
Then it feels like, at the *twist point* that all the sudden everything goes more silent and thus gives the song`s feeling a deeper meaning to its theme.
A good peace by Chip, because i can hear the conflict within the song.
Rob Hubbard rulez!
"If LPChip didn`t exist, neither would I"

Sam_Zen

Nice. I started associating with seeing a ballet, doing a quite spooky choreography.

LPChip

:)

Thanks guys for your feedback. :) It means alot to me.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs