[Pop(?)] Welcome back (WMA)

Started by bvanoudtshoorn, October 18, 2007, 01:47:19

Previous topic - Next topic

bvanoudtshoorn

Title: Welcome back
URL: http://test.pbc.wa.edu.au/music/WelcomeBack.wma
Filesize: 4.7MB

Orchestration: Wurlitzer, Semi-acoustic bass, rhythm electric guitar, strat lead guitar, violins/violas, celli, 70s pulse lead, drums.

Notes
This is my most recent track. It's got a nice wurly in it (especially towards the end), and a fun bass-line, too... The drums are from the demo of Native Instruments Battery3; everything else is Kontakt.

Sam_Zen

It has a welcome feeling indeed.
In the second part, with the repetition, the main voice should have some more room for an occasional happily singing around,
in stead of just decently following the base melody lines again.

tvdude

This is very fun.  I think I need to listen again and inspire myself to write something a bit more happy than I usually do.
tvdude
"If you look ten feet into a five foot well, you will see what you choose to see."

bvanoudtshoorn

Thanks for the feedback, tvdude and Sam_Zen.

@Sam_Zen: Do you mean that it should be a little bit more improvised? I agree that it shouldn't just be a straight repetition.

@tvdude: It was fun to write. Happy music nearly always is, especially when you're not trying to be too serious. =D

Sam_Zen

Sort of. I didn't mean improvisation that much, but sometimes in a melody line it's enough to pick a next note an octave or quint higher or lower in the scale.