[Electronica] Coming Down the Mountain [mp3]

Started by aGIANTpupafish, September 25, 2007, 17:21:22

Previous topic - Next topic

aGIANTpupafish

hihi,

this track mixes bits of trance/dance/acid and stuff so i stuck with electronica.

this is kind of short version, so apolgies for the fact there's only like 1 chord progression (probably gonna extend this at some point.. got an idea to go to relative minor.. ).  also, it's a bit cheesy xD

unfortunately it's an mp3 cos i used lots of vst(i)s (all free but can't be bothered to link to all of them).

Link: http://flabby.tv/ComingDowntheMountain.mp3
TiS Page: http://www.traxinspace.com/song/37169

Thanks for any comments! xD How can i improve this?
Quote from: "KrazyKatz"Yah, It reminds me of MAD magazine where the farm guys are playing music on a broom with string, a clothes cleaner, a jug until the angry house wife comes and takes all her cleaning stuff.

Sam_Zen

Quite sorry, but I refuse to register, plus my email, to be able to download a track.

Saga Musix

indeed, that's what i hate and boycot TiS for...
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

aGIANTpupafish

sorry.. i didn't realise TiS required you to be a member.

edited post above.

link is here anyway: http://flabby.tv/ComingDowntheMountain.mp3
Quote from: "KrazyKatz"Yah, It reminds me of MAD magazine where the farm guys are playing music on a broom with string, a clothes cleaner, a jug until the angry house wife comes and takes all her cleaning stuff.

Sam_Zen

At the beginning two structures are introduced until 32 secs. A fast one and a slow one.
I found it a bit disappointing that with the introduction of the percussion it followed the slow version,
not the fast one.

tvdude

I don't mind the cheesyness of the piece.  It's a catchy melody, and that's what sticks in peoples' heads.  I agree with sam zen, the drums need to be up tempo, as opposed to the slow beat it currently has.  I think it also needs some fine tuning in the mix (there's a bit of distortion here and there) and a bit of compression, but I think you could very well have a fun club anthem.  Keep working on it!
tvdude
"If you look ten feet into a five foot well, you will see what you choose to see."

bvanoudtshoorn

I agree with all the comments so far. =P I'd also suggest a little bit of tweaking for the panning of your bass and that synthy line that starts out. I like the intro for the bass.

Please do an extended version - I'd like to hear where you take it.

Oh, and there's also a VSTi "pop" at the very beginning of the mp3... =D

aGIANTpupafish

thanks for all your comments guys.  greatly appreciated :)

i'll try and get an extended version done at some point, although it might take a couple of months, i'm a bit busy atm.

thank you

aGp