[intro/gothic] Condemned (MP3)

Started by Nahkranoth, September 01, 2007, 09:39:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Nahkranoth

Here's a somewhat funeral(ish) track, you may consider it as an intro.
Made with OpenMPT and some VSTis
Horn and drum samples were taken from a PC game G0thic2. It has some great DLS inside  :wink:
Condemned.mp3
You may think that the bell is annoying, but it supposed to be that way.

Sam_Zen

The bell isn't annoying, the hearable loop in the high strings a little bit.

Relabsoluness

Quote from: "Nahkranoth"You may think that the bell is annoying, but it supposed to be that way.
I put the tune playing and while doing other things, it remained in loop for maybe half an hour if not more, so I guess the bell didn't annoy me :) Nice tune, like 'Every thought hurts'. Sounds like tunes that could create an atmosphere for a game for example.

Nahkranoth

Thanks, Relabsoluness, it's really made for the game not yet created :)
I mean it's intended to sound like the game track. And you understood the bell thing right, because everyone who heard this tune say that the bell is one too many.

Quote from: "Sam_Zen"The bell isn't annoying, the hearable loop in the high strings a little bit.
Frankly I haven't noticed the loop and I played with that strings long enough. Maybe it's the beginning of a new note? I started new notes for the more natural sounding strings, because without that one may think of an endless bow, like in "BlackFace" Intro :) But maybe you right, you have much more experience with samples than me :oops:

Sam_Zen

To be more precise : The strings at the right from 25 sec to 42 sec have a slight 'bounce' in the loop.
Not very obvious on its own, but when the note goes higher or lower, the 'bounce' will be faster or slower too.

Nahkranoth

These are sampled strings after all, so nothing can be done. Except if all the notes were sampled :( Or to make vibrato with LFO :)