[Classical Orchestral] Dawn (WMA)

Started by bvanoudtshoorn, August 27, 2007, 06:30:28

Previous topic - Next topic

bvanoudtshoorn

This continues the "Horizon" collection of Orchestral tracks I have begun. Lots of horns: almost as much horn as a movie soundtrack! This track is liable to have small adjustments and changes made to it, but the main thrust is all here.

http://test.pbc.wa.edu.au/music/Dawn.wma

Sam_Zen

Very good movie soundtrack indeed. Not just horny :) , harp and kettledrum are nice there too.

bvanoudtshoorn

Thanks! I haven't used the harp much before, so that whole section was a little bit experimental. Glad you liked it!

Sam_Zen

Second time playing:
The start of the piece has already two instruments at the same time, strings and horns.
An intro with either of them could stretch the piece in a natural way.
Talking about stretching the song. The part introducing the harp plus the oboe. It's way too short imo.
If you consider something an experiment, don't be afraid. It's better to make it too long at first, rather than too short.
So you can analyze better how to cut the duration. Here, harp and oboe were introduced, but then didn't get a chance.

bvanoudtshoorn

I agree that the harp and oboe section is too short, and I'll definitely think about extending it, if I get a chance. I think that if I give the harp more of a chance to "settle" into its pseudo-new time signature with the oboe in the original time signature, those big hits could be more exciting and unsettling. =) As I said, this piece is in beta =D, so it's liable to change slightly.