VST thing

Started by kit beats, August 23, 2007, 17:58:57

Previous topic - Next topic

kit beats

Who can help me!

My question is wich VST i can use for wich instrument / sample.

(vst for bass, '' for snare, '' for pads, '' for synths).

(Maby people can tell that to in the vst effects topic).

I have a lot of vst effects but i dont understand wich and where to use it.
"get the piece sounding pristine." - KrazyKats
..Like this one, definatly got the Sam Zen
individuality in it... - Asharin

LPChip

This question is nearly impossible to answer. There are so many vsti's out there, all with so many different sounds, making it hard to say what suits what purpose best. It also depends on your taste.

Though, many vsti's have a similar sound so finding the use of that what they have unique is quite challenging.

That said, I can help you with one thing.

Although there are drum machine vsti's, I still find conventional samples to have better sound.

And also some type of instruments, like a guitar and piano could be better if sampled, because mostly the vsti's that provide this quality sound, often costs alot of money.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

kit beats

i only use samples.

i can start with putting a EQ vst on every channel and then output a Compress vst maybe..
"get the piece sounding pristine." - KrazyKats
..Like this one, definatly got the Sam Zen
individuality in it... - Asharin

LPChip

Ah, my bad.

I read VST I... as VSTI :)

You only need to apply effects where needed.

I used to always apply an EQ and compressor, and reverb and the whole lot, but in the end, I found out that sometimes a compressor or reverb can make things sound worse.

My advice: only add when really necessary. An EQ usually always can be used unless you're already working with high quality samples that simply don't need them.

For EQ, I use Electri-Q. They also have a free version called Posifopit version. Its a great parametric EQ that will probably become your best mate. (Its mine for quite some time now :D)

For compressors I usually use BuzzComp Compressor suite. Its a series of 6 or 8 plugins with different kind of compressors. Really usefull and very good quality. Best of all, its free too :)

For Echo and such, I use the MDA suite, especially MDA_delay
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs