[Jazz] Pass Anger (MOD)

Started by Sam_Zen, August 14, 2007, 02:30:42

Previous topic - Next topic

Sam_Zen

From the archive : Pass Anger - 10 CH - 5:26  - Lofi samples.

Conventionally :) this would be called a time signature of 12/8.
An experiment. What if the percussion is forced to play the melodic line as well ?

apple-joe

Listening. Pattern 11 now - harmonically and melodically: not much happened yet, but very enjoyable percussion.

A change around pattern 32, mostly percussion going on. I must say I'm getting a little tired of the chords and melodies now, it has not really changed. I hoped for a radical change of mood when the percussions led the show around pattern 32.

I must consider this in the context of SamZen's general standard, and hence I am forced to say that this piece is among the less interesting ones as far as I'm concerned.

cubaxd

very oldschool mod style. jazz chords, nice solo that begins at 1:18 and sometimes repeats, kinda like it.
but, as apple-joe stated "I'm getting a little tired of the chords and melodies now", i must accede to that.
Nonetheless i would consider this as your second-best tune by now (from my very own perspective, of course) :)
You know which song i still like most ;)

Sam_Zen

I was getting tired myself too, so I have linked now to a condensed version of 3:58.

2 cubaxd
Because I appreciate your opinion a lot : which song ? Because my memory let me down here.

cubaxd

Oundour honor was great :) i think this was the first tune of yours which i've listened to, more that a year ago

Sam_Zen

Thanks for reminding me. Actually, it's one of my favorites too.