1.17.02.48 Timer in statusbar keeps running

Started by Sam_Zen, August 12, 2007, 00:50:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Sam_Zen

Full Version:
OpenMPT v1.17.02.48

Description of the bug:
If you open a module just to listen to some samples in the sample or instrument tag, this counter starts running, and goes on, even after stopping the playback.

How often does it happen?:
Always

Not a heavy thing, but anyway.

Saga Musix

Confirmed, I wondered about this for ages now...
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

bvanoudtshoorn

I think that this might be for VST(i)s... MPT has no real way of knowing when a vst(i) has finished sounding, so you don't want it chopped off. Also, as far as I know, the VST(i) specification stipulates that the plug should always be processing something, even if it's silence... I know that mpt doesn't always process like this (which can be a bit annoying - tails of notes get lost when you hit stop, for example), but this is, theoretically speaking, more "correct" behaviour then...

Saga Musix

well, this happened even in the original modplug without vsti support...
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Sam_Zen

Yep, sorry I didn't mention. I tested this with an old module without any plugins.

LPChip

I remember from the old days that MODPlug Tracker showed the time you were using the application in the status bar when not playing.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Sam_Zen

I thought of that too, but then the timer should start when opening the app with a file, not just after the first play-command.

LPChip

Quote from: "Sam_Zen"I thought of that too, but then the timer should start when opening the app with a file, not just after the first play-command.

Good point.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

bvanoudtshoorn

That's right. It should. =) The fact that it doesn't means that MPT isn't actually adhering to the guidelines for VSTs...