[Chip] JimTonic (.it) [2 versions]

Started by LPChip, July 15, 2007, 11:21:46

Previous topic - Next topic

LPChip

I've made yet another chiptune. :)

I'm really pleased with this song, but I'm quite sure that you will too.

If you heard Wisdom of Purity and/or Kinetic Energy, then you have a glimp of what you can expect.

This chiptune falls into the cathegory Happy Crappy, although its not that crappy at all :D

As I finished the song, I started to play with the tempo settings, and found that playing it slow was actually really cool too. I decided to make 2 versions of the same song, so you can listen to either of them depending on your mood.

Now lets cut to the chase!

Download link: http://files.lpchip.nl/lpchip/JimTonic.zip
filesize: uh, something like 20 k? :P
Duration: kind of depends on what song you pick, but if you add them together, you'll end up in 5 minutes. so lets say: 2 minutes for the fast one, 3 for the slow one. :P

I hope you enjoy listening as much as I did making it :D
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

JimGin

Hey cool u released it :)
As much as u enjoyed making it, i enjoyed watching u making it lol :D
Hope the farts didn't distract u to much rofl :nuts:
Rob Hubbard rulez!
"If LPChip didn`t exist, neither would I"

CrazyAznGamer

you should show me how to chip sometime... ;D
but seriously, this song is like.... HAPPY, D00D! nice work. :D

Sam_Zen

Very enjoyable indeed.
The slow one is an excellent educational example of how to make a chiptune, and the techniques involved.

apple-joe

I really like the general sound - it's not too hard to end up with ear rape when using such samples. Also, the apreggio effect stood out to me, and the melodies were nice, BUT: how about introducing a new progression? It gets repetitive after a while. While you actually vary between two bases, the movement is exactly the same relatively (moving from first to fifth scale degree). A variation, an introduction of something more contrasting, or at least somewhat different would spice up the song.

So, enjoyable and very nice sounding, but needs another part with a new progression to keep it fresh, in my opinion.

LPChip

Thanks for the feedback, everyone. :)

2Apple-Joe: Thats a good point. Thanks :) I'm not sure if I'll edit this song, but I surelly will pay attention to this in a next song! :)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs