Samples cue trigger

Started by le_parasite, July 11, 2007, 18:26:03

Previous topic - Next topic

Sam_Zen

I wasn't so much thinking about MPT having sampler capability. Imo a step too far for the moment.
As far as I'm concerned, this is about enhancements of the sample tab.
Having cue points beside the loop points would be nice. Not only for finding beats in a complete bar, but also with 'single' samples.
Of course one can make a cue in a sample by using the offset-effect code. But that's based on ticks-value.

älskling

Quote from: "Sam_Zen"Of course one can make a cue in a sample by using the offset-effect code. But that's based on ticks-value.

Actually it's not based on ticks, it's based on samples (a sample consists of a set of digital values, each value is also called a sample.) This may seem an irrelevant point to make, but I think it can be helpful to realize that the offset command works with space, not time.

le_parasite

Sorry bvanoudtshoorn I didn't see your post...

Quote from: "bvanoudtshoorn"So basically what you're looking for is some sampler capability from mpt... What sort though? Do you want beatmachine style sampling, where the sample is sliced into a whole bunch of little "sections", each of which can be individually played back?

It's the way I see it, but I guess  a simple step in dev. with cue triggering would give an extra interest for musician who love to rearrange audio sample in a recycle way...

Quote from: "bvanoudtshoorn"Or do you want a slightly more loopier system, where you can "snap" the cues to the beats?

if the pitch tempo lock still work witha cue triigering feature, it will like that I guess
L∑ PДRДSiT∑______________________________________
I ғᴀᴄᴇʙᴏᴏᴋ I ᴛᴡɪᴛᴛᴇʀ I sᴏᴜɴᴅᴄʟᴏᴜᴅ I ʙᴀɴᴅᴄᴀᴍᴘ

Saga Musix

Oops, forgot to close this one. With the improved volume-column oxx behaviour in OpenMPT 1.24, WAV cue points are automacially imported for usage with the oxx command!
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.