Discover the music inside...
June 05, 2023, 19:40:02
Started by dBlues, July 07, 2007, 00:34:58
July 07, 2007, 00:34:58
So in lack of sleep, I came up with this: give me a list of three most valuable abstract or concrete things, that help you create killer music i.e. inspire you. You can say "Modplug" if you want, but I guess everyone knows that already
so be creative
I get to go first... lets see. Okay:
1. Other people with interest in music
2. My U.S. Stratocaster
3. Crystal VSTi
Strive for excellence, not perfection.
July 07, 2007, 02:35:28
Hmm.. a quick guess :
1) Picking up everydays noise.
2) Monitoring how my brain reacts to sounds
3) Listening to the remarks of skillfull artists of whatever discipline.
Location: The Netherlands
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro x64
July 07, 2007, 07:44:32
1. Listening to someone else's music
2. Listening to my old experiments
3. Using certain sample/instrument combinations
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs
Operating System: Windows 10 x64
July 07, 2007, 10:44:13
1) Trying new sounds on my Synth
2) Open the tracker without anything in mind
3) participate in OHCs
No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the
so that everyone can benefit from your post.
Location: Karlstad, Sweden
July 07, 2007, 11:51:33
1. New and fascinating music.
2. Art, primarily photography (both shooting and watching)
3. My new Vsti:s.
July 07, 2007, 12:30:46
OK, here goes...
1. Playing around on the piano
2. Playing with all those beautiful sounds in Kontakt. =)
3. Listening to some of my tracks with my girlfriend (especially the orchestral ones: she's classically trainined)
July 07, 2007, 18:19:34
1. listening to music
2. messing around with synth1
3. trying out new techniques/effects in Modplug
4. randomly putting in notes and then rearranging them till they create the feel and melody i want.
July 07, 2007, 23:35:36
Nice list so far.
Come on seventhson, you'll have to choose 3 items ..
July 08, 2007, 18:46:18
three just wasn't enough and they're all equally important
Location: In your keyboard, roxin to your choonz
July 08, 2007, 20:24:19
a beautiful women
a moving story
intuition/trial and deconstruct
No two people are not on fire...AWWW!
Web and Graphic Design just for you!
I r GhostMech on there, forever scouting.
Location: Anti-Eternia vs. Berlin
July 09, 2007, 06:42:21
1. concerts/parties of other people
2. new softsynths => experimenting
3. a melancholic mood
and i always get some good ideas when i'm driving my car on the highway for some hours
10 years on ModPlug... f#cking hell...
Soundcloud for B-S-V
Soundcloud for DX4-100
Bandcamp for B-S-V
July 09, 2007, 17:13:47
There you go, Residentgrey! About time someone said that!
-Playing around with my MIDI controller in Reason's factory presets
-Any sort of strong emotion: Love, Hatred, Jealousy, Sadness...
---Formerly known as ---DjBj---. changed names for lots of reasons.
BooT-SectoR-ViruZ is the new Skaven and the whole world'z goin' to Hell.
Lowpass filter! Perform a generic type of dodge!!! :lol:
Everyone should get on this forum's chatroom RIGHT NOW...still not sure why, though.
Location: New Jersey
July 09, 2007, 17:30:15
1. Beautiful women
2. Playing around with [Insert new toy here]
3. Any sort of strong emotion: Love, Hatred, Jealousy, Sadness...
I'd have to agree with all of them and mention that the best stuff comes out of "combos" of the above, especially 1 and 3.
-Mister X aka Kim-
I am happy to be born when I was - at least I caught the tail end of freedom.
Operating System: WinXP , Linux
July 09, 2007, 19:02:50
1. Lack of sleep
2. Remixing other artist tracks in my head
3. Getting "high" on my own music
Location: Madrid, Spain
July 11, 2007, 14:56:16
1. Everyday noises: my breath, the train, the birds...
2. Walking around and looking at the rhythm things move, and the polyrhythms they made
3. Hearing other people's music
Go Up ▲
SMF 2.1.3 © 2022