[ALBUM] aus jetzt (mp3)

Started by cubaxd, June 11, 2007, 22:36:28

Previous topic - Next topic

cubaxd

okay, this is my second attempt to make an album.
the genres are electronica, trance and ambient.

the music is in mp3 format this time, because all mods are in another volume and i did some mastering to improve the quality a little.

01 - intro - 1.4MB
02 - orlogkutter - 2.1MB
03 - vergessene noten - 2.9MB
04 - tagtraum - 4.4MB
05 - stiller krach - 4.0MB
06 - deep in trance - 5.9MB
07 - enter the nothing - 5.5MB
08 - sonne bei nacht - 3.8MB
09 - aus jetzt - 3.2MB
10 - outro - 1.9MB

as usual i hope some of you like it a little :)

Sam_Zen

I noticed that you're an efficient person, because of the leading zero's of the tracknumbers :)

This will take time, as you can understand.
First, according to my local policy, I'll have them converted to OGG, before listening.
Besides the individual tracks, if a complete album is involved, new aspects to review are added :
~ What's the composition of the album as a unit, in terms of the chosen order of the tracks ?
~ How about the volume-relations between the tracks, so what's the 'envelope' of the album ?

EDIT: So i took the first 4 tracks to get an impression.
You obviously have a preference of using sharp, crackling sounds in a pronounced way, quite daring, and i like it.
And the gamelan-like tonal sounds are nice too.

Saga Musix

I'll have a listen later :)
The first thing that makes me curious are the names, they are really funny, especially Stiller Krach and Sonne bei Nacht :D Let's see... errr... listen :D
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

cubaxd

thank you for giving it a listen :)

i forgot to post the link to the cover. isn't it ugly? :D

Quote from: "Sam_Zen"I noticed that you're an efficient person, because of the leading zero's of the tracknumbers Smile
yea i hate it when track 1 is followed by track 10  :x

Quote from: "Jojo"The first thing that makes me curious are the names, they are really funny
glad you like them, hope you like the songs also :)

BTW: Sam, why do you have a policy that erm "prescribes" you to convert the songs to ogg? i also like the ogg format as it's free. but i woudn't ban mp3s completely from my hd. or is it for another reason?

Saga Musix

ok, i'll try to give a short summary of my first impression:

01:
Very weird, but in a nice way!

02:
That's a funny one :lol: I guess the distrotion is intended... Again, a bit weird :D

03:
I like the ambient in this one, it sounds like someone is switching the radio stations all the time (new themes, the crackles... :) ). Do I have to add that this sounds a bit weird but interesting? :D

04:
I enjoyed this tune most so far. Nice atmosphere!

05:
Hm, starts promising! It's different from the other tunes... Slow electronic stuff with large echoes and cool beats... Okay, this is even better than tagtraum :)

06:
Relaxing... Wee, the tracks are getting better and better!

07:
Cool filter pads in the beginning... oh, and even some square sounds! It has an eerie, dark and haunting atmosphere ... I could imagine this piece in the Dark Project series! Or in a thriller! Or maybe even in Daggerfall (if someone remebers this game). Great work! You should add this to your myspace player :)

08:
Nice beat, again, the atmosphere is a bit eerie... :)

09:
Nice distortion... :D Hm, dunno what i should write bout this one... :)

10:
Heh, non-properly looped samples :D But it sounds again like it was made with intent. Nice work again, this goes back to the more experimental (first) part ... Nice outro, but it should maybe fade out for a long time... :)

Conclusion:
I like the 2nd part of this album more than the first part.
All in all, your music reminds me a bit of the stuff my older brother does, it's called "Tsunami". I guess you could be interested in his stuff... ^^
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

cubaxd

@Jojo

Wow. Thanks for your detailed review :)

QuoteYou should add this to your myspace player
Ahh. You've found my myspace :) But at the moment i'm not very happy at myspace. It's full of spammers, tamped with huge images, and it eats my tiny ram disk in no time :( .
And there are many people that only wanna have as much "friends" as possible without really being related to or interested in them. probably to impress some majors

i've listened to some of your brother's sounds at schoenermusic. they are interesting. Seems to be some form of dadaism ;) (but i'm not sure)

Sam_Zen

I agree about myspace. If somebody places a link via that site, I start to frown. Because it means a lot of hassle to be able to just simply download a file. So often I'm just not in the mood for complex things and skip the review.

Quote from: "cubaxd"why do you have a policy that erm "prescribes" you to convert the songs to ogg?
i also like the ogg format as it's free. but i woudn't ban mp3s completely from my hd. or is it for another reason?
Of course i can't ban mp3s on my hd when downloading them. But an extra aspect is involved here. My archiving of songs.
So as soon as i consider a file worth of being saved for my archive, i convert it to the default ogg-format i use.
This led to the conclusion that in that case i may as well convert a mp3 to ogg in anticipation before listening to it.
Secondary, it's not only a matter of preference, but also because there are robots searching for files with the mp3 extension
to 'slurp' the whole site, what i don't like. Because it has nothing to do with specific interest in one's work.

I just called my archive with 'ambivalence.it' of dec 2006, and i noticed the same preference for adding sharp, spikey counds..

cubaxd

Quote from: "Sam_Zen"But an extra aspect is involved here. My archiving of songs.
okay. it's always better to have everything in one format. although having many different formats woudn't really bother me - as long as i'm able to play them :)

I would have also released the music in ogg format. But then i think: maybe there are 2 more people in the world, who like the music :). and maybe one of them wants to play the music in his/her mp3 player. And this could be a problem because very few mp3 players (that i know of) support the ogg format (mine does not). unfortunately!

QuoteSecondary, it's not only a matter of preference, but also because there are robots searching for files with the mp3 extension to 'slurp' the whole site
That's new to me. But i'm not very surprised at this. On the other hand those bots could easily be changed to also search for ogg files :) err :(

QuoteI just called my archive with 'ambivalence.it' of dec 2006, and i noticed the same preference for adding sharp, spikey counds.
yeah. i like sounds sharp & spiky :boogie:

Sam_Zen

Quotemaybe one of them wants to play the music in his/her mp3 player. And this could be a problem because very few mp3 players (that i know of) support the ogg format
I understand. If i would have such a player, i probably would keep the mp3 files as well.

Of course oggs are not compatible for those players, so only few people use it. And if few people use it, the producers of the players will not make it compatible. This is a circle problem.
But maybe this will change a bit faster, when the owner of the rights of mp3, the Fraunhofer Institute, is going to ask money for using the mp3-format. They published some plans about it.