[Minimal House] Grinimal (IT, OGG)

Started by Saga Musix, May 26, 2007, 12:14:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Saga Musix

Hi,
I am nearly done with my latest minimal track called "Grinimal" - and I want to collect some opinions, what's good and what I could improve... Module version (.it) will follow when the track's ready.
Download Grinimal (6:11)
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Sam_Zen

A small intro without a beat would be nice.
Good ole House sounds. Fine drum-break at 2:20.

There's more potential in the sounds that are functioning 'in the background'.
I got the impression that they are all set on some global volume and kept that way in the whole song.
More dynamics in that field during the song, with some of those sounds a bit emphasized in a certain part, would strengthen it.

Saga Musix

Thanks for the advice, I'll try to add them ;)
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

cubaxd

hi jojo.
this tune is of very good quality, especially with its many 'effect' sounds in the background.
if i would be into house, i would certainly like it a lot  :wink:

and repeating Sam_Zen's advice: an intro would make it even better, to ... erm 'build tension' before the actual song starts (i hope this is correct english  :lol: )

Saga Musix

good idea. i was thinking about some noises, etc. in the beginning of this track some while ago, too, but unfortunately i forgot to add them -_- thank you very much for the reminder ;)

maleek

Quite solid piece. By modern standards this is reminescene of late 90's house. Like the experimental synths, personally I would drop the 909 crash, but that is a matter of flavour and personal preference. My motivation is that repeating the crash to make fills at the end of the beats does not add tension "for me" to the track.

Don't know if I am clear enough ;)

Anyway: Keep tracking! You got a good thing going there.

Saga Musix

gee, i didn't bother about the crash when listening this with my brand-new dj headphones - then i listened to the track with some cheap earphones and the crash was annoying :lol: now i reduced the volume. i also included an intro full of noise, enjoy it!

by the way, this mix's volume may be a bit overdriven, i noticed too late, but i'll fix this of course - exporting the file to wav takes so long :(
by the way, there are some really strangedropouts that didn't happen before, maybe it's a MPT bug, maybe it's a VST bug (Compressor?!) - the volume just goes to zero and fades in again - please do not report these errors, i already know taht they happen, but not WHY they happen :D it even happens sometimes that modplug get completely quiet, then i have to restart...

link is the same as before.

Saga Musix

I think, the tune is ready - I don't really find anything more I could change. The final version is available my Website.
You may now also download the module version, the VST plugins are located here.
Have fun ;)