Started by cubaxd, April 23, 2007, 16:41:56

Previous topic - Next topic

cubaxd

Just realized that the spring is here :cry:
Hope you enjoy this piece :)

Spring is here, 1.6M, 6:20

(All samples are from here again)

Sam_Zen

The start reminded me of a japanese koto playing about cherry blossom.
This is really excellent ! The use of instruments, the breaks and the form of the song.

cubaxd

QuoteThis is really excellent ! The use of instruments, the breaks and the form of the song.

Thanks :) if i had used my own instruments it would sound much worse. the samples really make at least half of the tune

Relabsoluness

I especially liked the guitar solos - definitely one of the best guitar samples I can remember hearing (or at least it was well played :)).

cubaxd

Quote from: "Relabsoluness"I especially liked the guitar solos - definitely one of the best guitar samples I can remember hearing (or at least it was well played :)).

Yes, that samples are great, that's why i was using them ;)

BTW: if anyone wants to use the samples, i have no problem with that, as the samples are not made by me, and the instruments can be used freely. So, you just have to clean up the tune (by removing the patterns) and make your own of it :)

Sam_Zen

If I would use the samples, I would mention you anyway, because the song is the source of the material then to me.
The samples of flute and banjo are excellent too, and well programmed in the song.

I've thought about the options with a tracker-module, for example cleaning up the composition from the patterns, and just leaving the instruments. It can also be vice versa : Removing the samples while leaving the patterns and its codes, so the same composition being filled in with other instruments.
You say 'make your own of it'. I like to go on a bit detailed on this.
Of course ripping a single sample from a module to use in another piece is one thing.
But re-writing the patterns with the same instruments is something else. As playing the same score with other instruments.
Then questions come up like: when do you have to call your editing 'Spring is Here by Cubaxd interpreted by Me', or name the personal composition 'Autumn there' played by the Cubaxd ensemble..

cubaxd

Mentioning me isn't needed. Simply mention the philharmonia (they really deserved it) :)
what i meant was not 'you can make my song' but 'you can use the instruments to make your own, if you want' :P

Or did i misinterpret you here? (i'm still learning english)

Saga Musix

sounds nice indeed :) but i think that the mix during the first few patterns is just too dry, maybe because the samples are so short. ;)
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Sam_Zen

2 cubaxd
You're right, I will mention the philharmonia link as well.
You didn't misinterpret me here, I think. It's about the 2nd option. Making a new composition with a 'band' which has a set of instruments, defined by cubaxd.
So far, this cubaxd-ensemble already has produced the composition "Spring is here" by cubaxd himself.

cubaxd

Quote from: "Jojo"i think that the mix during the first few patterns is just too dry, maybe because the samples are so short.
nö, that is all with intent ;) although the samples are really a little short.
maybe i should have added some reverb :-/

Quote from: "Sam_Zen"
You didn't misinterpret me here, I think. It's about the 2nd option. Making a new composition with a 'band' which has a set of instruments, defined by cubaxd.
So far, this cubaxd-ensemble already has produced the composition "Spring is here" by cubaxd himself.
okay, from that viewpoint ... :)

Saga Musix

jap, that's what i mean, some reverb would have been nice. ;)
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.