[Mini-Industrial] The Industry (MP3) Please Vote Tonight!

Started by SoundCrafter, April 19, 2007, 20:23:31

Previous topic - Next topic

SoundCrafter

Hey guys, just finished a piece for a competition. Rules required it to be 30-60 seconds so it's short...but I'd like your input!

Link (Indirect, Download Available)
---Formerly known as ---DjBj---. changed names for lots of reasons.
BooT-SectoR-ViruZ is the new Skaven and the whole world'z goin' to Hell.
Lowpass filter! Perform a generic type of dodge!!! :lol:
Everyone should get on this forum's chatroom RIGHT NOW...still not sure why, though.

Sam_Zen

Well, fine, but what is the competition about and with what ? :)

SoundCrafter

The compo is a Reason compo for students (I bought my Academic version of Reason through this site.) designed to show expertise in musical composition and knowledge of Reason's features. I'm actually working on another piece (Entrants are allowed more than one)
Everyone should get on this forum's chatroom RIGHT NOW...still not sure why, though.

Sam_Zen

:oops: Sorry, I misinterpreted this. I thought you wanted to start some competition here on this forum.
A strong piece with nice noise and a quite pretty solo. Production-like it's a bit weaker. It sounds almost like mono.

SoundCrafter

Well, I wanted the song to be kind of 'tight'. there's not much going on composition-wise so I wanted it all to be in one place (stereo-speaking). Thanks for your review however!

This piece just made 6th place! Finals begin tmw!

LPChip

Btw, whats with the style: pleasevote?

Thats not a style I heard of. Can you please correct it?
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

SoundCrafter

Haha...LP given your history I honestly can't tell if you're being sarcastic are not...well I'll take my chances  :P

"PleaseVote" is a subtle hint for anyone viewing the piece to "Please Vote" for me in the competition.  :P

LPChip

Quote from: "SoundCrafter"Haha...LP given your history I honestly can't tell if you're being sarcastic are not...well I'll take my chances  :P

"PleaseVote" is a subtle hint for anyone viewing the piece to "Please Vote" for me in the competition.  :P

Ok. its okay to put that in the title, but could you place it after the mp3 place?

eg:

[style]Song title (.ext) extra comments
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

SoundCrafter

AOk, my bad!

...But only if you vote!  :P Actually, voting ends tonight, so if anyone reads this please vote!