Quick Pattern Copying

Started by Really Weird Person, April 09, 2007, 20:50:37

Previous topic - Next topic

Really Weird Person

Is there a way to copy multiple patterns at once? If so, how is it done? If not, I think that it should be made. I see that you can hold control and put a line under a pattern. What I mean by that is that you have a highlighted pattern (the active pattern), but if you hold control and click another pattern, a line is placed under that pattern's number. What does that line under the pattern's number mean?

Saga Musix

I think  it's not possible yet. Some admin should move this to the Request board :)
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Really Weird Person

All in favor of the "quick pattern copying" idea say (post) I!
I!
At first, I thought that maybe that is what the line meant, but that is not what it means. Maybe it is just for looks. That seems a little bit odd though. Another thing, although I believe that I have already posted this, is a save state option.
All in favor of the "save state" idea say (post) I!
I!

LPChip

I believe this has already been requested once.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

tvdude

When I have a line under a pattern, my song will jump to that pattern after the pattern it is currently playing.  I Thought this was for a live application, for playing in front of a crowd or something.
tvdude
"If you look ten feet into a five foot well, you will see what you choose to see."

Sam_Zen

That's right, it's for realtime playback purpose. If pat 32 is playing, a Ctrl-click on 35 will jump to that one, at the transition of 32.
But copying multiple patterns was the issue. I suppose RWP wanted to place a copy of a group of pats somewhere else in the pattern-row, or add to the current end.

The reason why the Ctrl-key didn't add a second highlighted one, is because the Pattern Row can't be handled as a List of items.
Otherwise one should also be able to select a group of pats in the row, by clicking the first one, and then with Shift-click the last one. Or do a Ctrl-A.. To add a duplicate of the whole Pattern Row.

seventhson

Having such a feature would indeed be a great addition.
I've wondered about this as well,it'd be so much easier to copy multiple patterns at once and then editing them to taste instead of having to duplicate patterns one by one.
Maybe it's the lazy me talking,but any addition that makes things easier will have my vote for sure.

Really Weird Person

During the summertime (And that is coming up in a little bit more than a month) (the starting of the break!) I work with Modplug Tracker through an entire night sometimes. What I mean is that I start a song and am still working on it when my dad wakes up and leaves for work! I might not have to do that, however, with an addition such as the 'Quick Pattern Copying' idea that I made!

Sam_Zen

Before any future patch : tell your dad to wake up later .. :)

Really Weird Person

Getting up later would likely cause him to be late though and he does not like being late at all!

LPChip

Yeah, Sam_Zen... What were you thinking! :nuts:
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Sam_Zen

I have absolutely no idea..