[Chiptune] - [Xylo - Boombap ][MP3]

Started by Xylo, February 27, 2007, 08:10:32

Previous topic - Next topic

Xylo

Hey people,

I recently started with Modplug and make some chiptune music.
This is my second project, the first was messy and stuff, but this song kinda sounds like a chiptune.

it isn't finished yet, but please give me feedback, so i know what i can do better. So I can improve my chiptunes more :)
Thanks!

Song: Xylo - Boombap

Made the song with Modplug, editted with Cool Edit Pro 2.0.
It's MP3 file and under 1 MB in size.
I am what the gods made me.

KrazyKatz

Very cute chiptune! Just be careful of the big bad timbaland!
Sonic Brilliance Studios
http://www.sonicbrilliance.com

LPChip

This is certainly an enjoyable song for someone that started. :)

A few things that I can give you as advice to improve :)

The song is based on the same bass loop all over again. Some variation there would certainly add a deeper aspect to the song.

Also the song just fades out. A nice drumfill and a end strike would be more suitable here, especially since the song is not that long. (or if its looped, it would be preferred to share the original .it/.xm with the loop intact. :)

I can hear some of Cerror's influence btw :P
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Xylo

Quote from: "LPChip"This is certainly an enjoyable song for someone that started. :)

A few things that I can give you as advice to improve :)

The song is based on the same bass loop all over again. Some variation there would certainly add a deeper aspect to the song.

Also the song just fades out. A nice drumfill and a end strike would be more suitable here, especially since the song is not that long. (or if its looped, it would be preferred to share the original .it/.xm with the loop intact. :)

I can hear some of Cerror's influence btw :P

Thanks for the feedback.
I haven't faded the song in the original XM. I faded it out with Cool Edit, so the loop.xm is still intact :) Thanks for the feedback, it's useable :)
I am what the gods made me.