[electronica] marswind (it)

Started by cubaxd, February 22, 2007, 19:43:28

Previous topic - Next topic

cubaxd

hi

this song was made with mpt1.16, some samples and the loops are from zynaddsubfx and sampled with audacity, all on linux.
i needed more time to find a name, than making the song itself. and the name "marswind" was all i was able to :-D

marswind.it.zip, 7:33, 964k

Sam_Zen

A peculiar song. First I thought my old MPPlayer couldn't handle this correctly, but when I used OMPT the same happened.
Some very crisp crackling spikey sounds of samples 11-17 in channels 4, 5 and/or 6. Is it meant to be like that ?

cubaxd

yes, this crackling is intentionally. Just a try to make something far away from conventional song structures. Because this pure bassdrum-snare relationship becomes stale to me :).  
But this crackling not really something new. when you listen to a few tunes at cliqhop you know where i got this idea from  ::)

Sam_Zen

I see. Crackling is not new indeed, probably one of the first basic sounds. Powerful eruptions of energy with a very short decay.
Did you have some some specific unconventional structure in mind on forehand ?

cubaxd

QuoteCrackling is not new indeed
I mean crackling as a drum replacement  :P

Quoteprobably one of the first basic sounds
:) yea. already the first records were equipped with this feature.

QuoteDid you have some some specific unconventional structure in mind on forehand ?
Just realized that my english knowledge is still poooor. I wasn't able to translate this question, particularly "on forehand". Is that some mysterious metaphor?  :oops:

LPChip

Quote from: "cubaxd"
Quotein mind on forehand ?
Just realized that my english knowledge is still poooor. I wasn't able to translate this question, particularly "on forehand". Is that some mysterious metaphor?  :oops:

I think thats a dutch saying, badly translated to english. :P

It means, Did you had it ready before starting?
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs