Don't be ghay

Started by georg, January 27, 2007, 20:42:07

Previous topic - Next topic

georg

http://lovegodsway.org/GayBands

Now, i can understand Metallica or Judas Priest, but how do hell do Jay-Z or Ghostface Killah make you gay?? Man, these days idiots don't know what the hell they are talking about.

Any thoughts?
I'll never make sword-chucks...
Update - 2013 I still havent made sword-chuks.
Update - 2021 What the hell are sword-chuks? :((

SoundCrafter

The String Cheese Incident? kd lang? The Killers? FRANK SINATRA?!? Hell, they probably put soundcrafter on there somewhere! Apparently the Nuge is gay cus he wears a loincloth and Elton John is really gay...oh wait, that one's actuall true.

This is just bull. What this site is a bunch of Christian extremist homophobes. They're actually making Christians look bad by calling anything that doesn't agree with them 100% 'gay'. Unbelievable.

I don't want to discuss my thoughts on homosexuality at the moment mainly because I belive it's so right it's controversial. However, let's just keep in mind that just cuz I'm Catholic, I don't support this site at ALL.
---Formerly known as ---DjBj---. changed names for lots of reasons.
BooT-SectoR-ViruZ is the new Skaven and the whole world'z goin' to Hell.
Lowpass filter! Perform a generic type of dodge!!! :lol:
Everyone should get on this forum's chatroom RIGHT NOW...still not sure why, though.

LPChip

Ever heard the saying: Even though its written down, it doesn't mean it actually is the truth! ;)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Sam_Zen

No way I will even check such links. Brain pollution.
These creeps are the controversy, not their target.
A few decades ago, they thought rock-music would lead to satanism..
Listening to reverse recordings to discover secret messages..

georg

Which reminds me... i really got to put some reversed vocals in my music.

speed-goddamn-focus

Cyndi Lauper is safe. I never would have guessed.

SoundCrafter

Quote from: "speed-goddamn-focus"Cyndi Lauper is safe. I never would have guessed.

I know. My friend and I said the exact same thing.
---Formerly known as ---DjBj---. changed names for lots of reasons.
BooT-SectoR-ViruZ is the new Skaven and the whole world'z goin' to Hell.
Lowpass filter! Perform a generic type of dodge!!! :lol:
Everyone should get on this forum's chatroom RIGHT NOW...still not sure why, though.

KrazyKatz

QuoteNow, i can understand Metallica or Judas Priest

Where do you come up with that idea?
Sonic Brilliance Studios
http://www.sonicbrilliance.com

georg

Quote from: "KrazyKatz"
QuoteNow, i can understand Metallica or Judas Priest

Where do you come up with that idea?

Well since *you* asked for it, i feel obligated to respond.

Metallica is gay
Judas Priest is gay

rncekel

The only thing I can't understand is why so much interest about if these bands are gay. Why? Are they (the people who maintain the site) trying to get a date with them?

georg

Gay is a multipurpose word.

It can reffer to a state of happines, joy or glee as in: I feel so gay!
It can mean lame/crappy/subpar/unsatisfactory as in: Metallica is gay.
It can describe sexual orientation as in: Elton John is gay.

It isn't clear though, wheter Elton John is gay or his music, but that's a limitation of English language.

The site lovegodsway lists bands that they belive can turn a heterosexual into a homosexual, not bands that are themselves homosexuals. The theory makes as much sense as an inflatable anchor...

KrazyKatz

Georg - Metallica is not gay. You'd have to have no musical sense to consider that. There new stuff sucks admittedly, but initially they were innovators of the Heavy-Metal scene. You're probably just young... Stop listening to your friends and use your own sense before making silly statements like that.
Sonic Brilliance Studios
http://www.sonicbrilliance.com

speed-goddamn-focus

Quote from: "KrazyKatz"Georg - Metallica is not gay. You'd have to have no musical sense to consider that. There new stuff sucks admittedly, but initially they were innovators of the Heavy-Metal scene. You're probably just young... Stop listening to your friends and use your own sense before making silly statements like that.

Are too!

georg

I didn't initially want to respond, but... Mettalica is a pretty crappy band, sure they got a few good songs (Battery, Unforgiven) and they are far FAR from the crappiest and the gayest and the lamest musicians out there, but the simple fact is that i was once younger and more easily impressed then i am now. Now i can honestly not think of one good thing to say about Metallica. Which is not the case with Guns n Roses and Faith no More for example. If your opinion differs, that's fine. I never said they were gay to antagonize you or anyone else, i was just taking a shot at Metallica. If you have a problem with *that*, that is your problem.

There, flame-war avoided. Gimmie another banana, i'm bannanamaaaad!!!

rncekel

If the question is that hearing a band can turn an heterosexual into an homosexual, I can only say that that's definitely stupid; not even a person who is able to believe that a virgin can have a son would believe such thing. It is not the case of Metallica or Gun 'n Roses, but even hearing hours and hours of Barbra Streisand or even seeing all of her films won't turn you into an homosexual (if you aren't previously).
About which music is crap or not... that's really a very different question, and it is something we can argue for years getting nowhere. But, look, why have you turn from saying that something may turn someone into an homosexual to saying that it is crap? Isn't that a clear sign of homophobia?
I think that Metallica and things like that may turn you not into an homosexual, but into an eunuch: if you heard it loud enough, your bullocks may blow up.  :D