Alright, bloody freakin hell!

Started by SoundCrafter, January 24, 2007, 00:17:00

Previous topic - Next topic

SoundCrafter

Ok, mods, I know you've got lives to lead...but...
I check this forum just about everyday. And it seems, every day, that a new spambot makes its way on. hell, I was just browsing and and another dirty spambot posted right in front of me, the bastard!

I've seen these things go several days and several mod/admin logins without being cleared, and frankly, I'm a little sick of it. If you guys want me or someone else to help out the mod team, i'd appreciate it. I can log the IP in the spam post, mark it as unblocked, and delete the bastard's post.

Just some food for thought.
---Formerly known as ---DjBj---. changed names for lots of reasons.
BooT-SectoR-ViruZ is the new Skaven and the whole world'z goin' to Hell.
Lowpass filter! Perform a generic type of dodge!!! :lol:
Everyone should get on this forum's chatroom RIGHT NOW...still not sure why, though.

residentgrey

Crikey!

"Stay tuned to the next episode of 'SoundCrafter: The Spambot Hunter!'"

ROFL
No two people are not on fire...AWWW!

Web and Graphic Design just for you!
I r GhostMech on there, forever scouting.

SoundCrafter

Crikey! She's a beaut! Look at this bad boy! 'got Nudie pics roight on the front page! CrikeyOOH! Watch it...she's a little angry sometimes!

God Bless that man...
Everyone should get on this forum's chatroom RIGHT NOW...still not sure why, though.

speed-goddamn-focus

in my opinion the spam bot messages are neither hard to spot nor to ignore so i don't think it's such a big deal...

LPChip

I don't always have time to take care of the mess :(

As admin, its more than just deleting a post. I have to ban the user and investigate if the ip is from an ISP that already has had a spampost, so I can ban the entire range.

Besides of that, Only Sam_Zen and I seem to care the battle against the spambots :(
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

SoundCrafter

LP, I'm gonna recommend you re-read my entire first post...and, hypothetically, If I send you an IP, wouldn't you be able to determine it's ISP? Or, If I pointed out a user to you, you should be able to read it's IP, right? I mod a forum and as a mod I can read the ISP of a user.

wonderful. Another post right in front of me. What is up with these guys recently? And blimey, I saw that one you closed LP! Crafty SOB.

LPChip

Quote from: "SoundCrafter"LP, I'm gonna recommend you re-read my entire first post...and, hypothetically, If I send you an IP, wouldn't you be able to determine it's ISP? Or, If I pointed out a user to you, you should be able to read it's IP, right? I mod a forum and as a mod I can read the ISP of a user.

wonderful. Another post right in front of me. What is up with these guys recently? And blimey, I saw that one you closed LP! Crafty SOB.

I have read your post carefully. There's just more to it than this... I have to think about it.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

SoundCrafter

Understandable. You're the admin, after all!

LPChip

Quote from: "SoundCrafter"Understandable. You're the admin, after all!

Thank god yeah...

It would be strange if I had to think about it while I wasn't the admin right? :nuts:

SoundCrafter

That would be an interesting situation.

"Soundcrafter, you can be a mod, but unfortunately, I have no power, so... :P "