Forum update

Started by Saga Musix, November 13, 2022, 20:07:45

Previous topic - Next topic

Saga Musix

As you can see, the forum looks a bit different! This is because we updated from SMF 2.0 to SMF 2.1, which brings a lot of changes. There's also a lot of potential for things being broken, so if you can spot any issues, please let us know.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Exhale

It looks good, but yeah now my dark mode no longer works, I will have to find another I guess. Ok that one works :) sorted

Vojvodinosaurus

Finally we can now like posts!
!IMPORTANT!
You are allowed to remix my songs ONLY in TRANCE/GOA/PSYTRANCE GENRE and NO Trap HiHat Rolls PLEASE
My stuff: https://alonetone.com/vojvodinosaurus

Rakib

Nice, seeing this as a reminder to change the password and enable MFA.
^^

Vojvodinosaurus

Quote from: Rakib on November 14, 2022, 08:10:14Nice, seeing this as a reminder to change the password and enable MFA.

Is changing password really needed?
!IMPORTANT!
You are allowed to remix my songs ONLY in TRANCE/GOA/PSYTRANCE GENRE and NO Trap HiHat Rolls PLEASE
My stuff: https://alonetone.com/vojvodinosaurus

Saga Musix

SMF 2.1 uses a stronger password hash than SMF 2.0, but it is not necessary to change the password to take advantage of the improved security - the password hash will be upgraded during login. That doesn't make good password hygiene unnecessary though. ;)
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Rakib

Quote from: Vojvodinosaurus on November 14, 2022, 08:48:04
Quote from: Rakib on November 14, 2022, 08:10:14Nice, seeing this as a reminder to change the password and enable MFA.

Is changing password really needed?
No but its good to have a secure password. My old password was 5 character and I got a warning from Chrome everytime I logged in here.
^^

Saga Musix

Note that notification settings changed a bit in SMF 2.1; you may want to review yours (e.g. if you used to get an email notification for any topic you posted in, this may be different now from what I can see, but you can re-apply your old settings)

manx

Quote from: Saga Musix on November 14, 2022, 21:40:40Note that notification settings changed a bit in SMF 2.1; you may want to review yours (e.g. if you used to get an email notification for any topic you posted in, this may be different now from what I can see, but you can re-apply your old settings)

That's actually a rather huge problem (at least for me):
I rely 100% on email notifications for new topics and for topics that I watch (but did not yet post to). The update broke all of that.

How to fix that:

I have to go through 50 pages of topics now ... yay.