Can't get any sound on new project

Started by BaloniMan, January 21, 2007, 17:28:43

Previous topic - Next topic

BaloniMan

hey everyone,

I'm new to using this software and ive run into some trouble. I open the example file and i can hear note playback just fine, however if i create a new project and try to key in the notes, there is no play back so i cant hear what im putting in. Any idea why ? i dont see why it would work in the example, and not a new project?

LPChip

Before you can enter notes, you'll need to add sound first.

The notes you'll use will be played with the sound you've added.

These sounds are also called samples. Check the example song and press the sample tab. You can drag samples from the left tree (when you have opened for example the example song) into your new song's sample tab.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

BaloniMan

LPChip

Hmm thats odd..

Btw, I renamed the topic title so anyone with this problem can easilly find it too.

You can play another song so that part obviously works.

Just to get things right...

You load in another song, and you press play and you have sound right?

If you go to the sample tab, do you have sound if you press a key there? (in the example song?) If not, check your key-presets in the setup->keyboard section. If this is the problem, you can't use the keyboard at all untill you've loaded a file (which you can do with the mouse)

Lets assume that that does work...

You go to the sample tab, press the [new sample] icon in the toolbar in this tab. Then drag a sample into this window and you see it being loaded right? Eg. you see a red waveform. Please confirm this. Cus at that point you should be able to play that sample.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs