[soundtrack] for an RPG game (xms)

Started by CrazyAznGamer, January 19, 2007, 17:36:02

Previous topic - Next topic

CrazyAznGamer

here:click

None of them are named or commented. I trust you guys are honest and won't steal or anything stupid. ^_^
If you do want to use those tracks, contact me somehow thru a PM or email or something.

I plan to use them in a futuristic RPG game. I won't provide the details right now. :D

SONG_1.xm: A theme, or maybe town music
SONG_2.xm: Probably going to be a theme.
SONG_3.xm: A short random battle piece.
SONG_4.xm: Did that last night.... I dunno.

Ideas are appreciated as well (though I dunno what that pertains to the game you can contribute, as I haven't given you much info about that  :wink: )

Sam_Zen

What's a RPG game ?

I noticed the use of almost the same samplepack, so in fact these are 4 different songs of the same band. Nr3 my favour.

CrazyAznGamer

I'm glad you noticed. It really is the same samplepack. I just cleaned up the songs to save a few kilobytes.

My original message (didn't post it, screwed up or something) explained that as well as me converting all the samples to 8 bit. The original 16 bit sample versions will sit in my hard drive for now.

I realize that when I said RPG game, it was redundant. Anyways, an RPG is a Role-Playing Game. Technically, you take up the role of another person, often in a fantasy setting. A mainstream and famous example of RPG games would be the Final Fantasy.

RPG games often incorporate leveling up and fighting harder bosses in the game with an inbattle menu. As such, oftentimes, the emphasis in RPGs are placed on storytelling.

Also, the music I present here isn't exactly standard RPG music.

LPChip

An RPG is all about levels.

If you combat and win, you gain experience points. The more experience points you have the more damage you can do. Sometimes you also get new abilities if you reach a certain level.

It can say: "You've learned to do a double punch".

Games with RPG elements often use it to balance the game, and give reward to those that are careful with their choises. Example of an RPG element in a non RPG game.

Command and Conquer (Tiberian Sun and newer) are RTS (Real-Time Strategy) Games which all have got a little bit of RPG in it.

If you build a unit and you let it fight, it will get points per kill it makes. If a soldier kills a tank (you let 1000 soldiers fight a tank, and there's one person that does the last bullet) he will get alot of points because the soldier is alot weaker than the tank. The experience level is raised and at a certain level, the unit gets to another experience level. These are called Elite abilities.

Any unit in the game can have 4 Elite Ability levels.

1: [ no indication ] No abilities (default settings)
2: [ one gold bar ] 1st Elite Abilities
3: [ two gold bars ] 2nd Elite Abilities
4: [ one gold star ] 3rd Elite Abilities

The game has preprogrammed what the Elite abilities will be, but it can be anything: from increasing firepower and faster movement to giving that unit another more powerfull weapon.

In Generals, its even further developed. In this game you will get experience points based on how you play the game itself. If you win battles with units and not many die and all get promoted etc, you can get your own promotion. Once this happens, you get a promotion credit.

Based on the amount of promotion credits you have, you can get an addition to your army like a weapon upgrade or special forces you can deploy etc. What you choose will be based on your strategy.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs