[ALBUM] 26 minutes nothing (it)

Started by cubaxd, January 11, 2007, 10:59:54

Previous topic - Next topic

cubaxd

Hi
This is just a pseudo album, cause i don't want to post each file for itself.
The style is between electronica and idm or so :)
All zipped it's

2 minutes nothing - 307 k
ajegera]ajegera - 567 k
alles scheisse - 1 M
astrologie tv - 1.1 M
envelopegame - 371 k
happy depression - 569 k
pending in light - 535 k
regentrommeln - 540 k

LPChip

C'mon, don't be so lasy.

Remember, people will judge your entire ablum at once, and probably will say that it sucks as an album. You won't get the publicity you're looking for like this.

Who told you that lazyness is a good thing? I think it does more damange than it gives you in return...
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

cubaxd

QuoteC'mon, don't be so lasy.

You've got me there ;)

I wrote "pseudo album" because i didn't really want to publish the music as an album. But the style of the mods is almost equal. So i decided to put them all into one posting.

So, it was only a half my lazyness :)

BooT-SectoR-ViruZ

hmmm... description sounds worth listening... though your style of presentation doesn't ;)
10 years on ModPlug... f#cking hell...

Soundcloud for B-S-V | Soundcloud for DX4-100 | Bandcamp for B-S-V

Sam_Zen

I'm not going to judge this as an album, as long as I don't know the exact composed order of the tracks.
I don't mind so much about laziness or not. It's just too much to put in one topic.

EDIT : Nevertheless. So I listened.
Certainly each song has its own defined sound-spectrum atmosphere, so that isn't so much a common factor.
A more common factor could be the 'cubaxd' touch. Exploiting the whole range of a sample. Building up the piece in a serial manner, by introducing in each stage new instruments to do the job.
In such songs almost nothing previous is duplicated, except maybe to close the piece. Such a serial format endangers the fact, that people could suppose, that in this manner the piece could have go on for another 4 minutes as well.
And the often used piano-like minimalistic notes are too much on the foreground to my taste.

cubaxd

Quote from: "BooT-SectoR-ViruZ"hmmm... description sounds worth listening... though your style of presentation doesn't
and how did you decide? :)

Quote from: "Sam_Zen"the exact composed order of the tracks
there is no order. i make a mod with some patterns, save the file and start the next. then, an hour or a week later, i continue. that's a very chaotic matter :)

QuoteSuch a serial format endangers the fact, that people could suppose, that in this manner the piece could have go on for another 4 minutes as well.
Seems to be a result of what i've written above ::)
However, i'll keep your advices in mind.

I think i will post no albums anymore, thats not my profession :)