[Nusic] Femme Fana (OGG)

Started by Sam_Zen, December 29, 2006, 06:06:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Sam_Zen

Maybe quite dancable, this Femme Fana. 4:34 (5 Mb)
Revised XM - 20 channels - 37 samples. Mixdown from a 4C composition.

cubaxd

i have finally dsl. now i can download all your huge ogg's and mp3's :)

all in all this song is not bad. maybe some notes are a little displaced. sounds a bit like techno in the early 90s. quite antique :)
but the only thing that really nerved me was the bass. i think this should be some hertz lower or higher. it doesn't really fit (in my opinion).

apple-joe

The first minute has passed... Very different for a SamZen song. However, as the song moves on; some characteristics appears - which would provide for hints about who the author is.

2:30 now. The track started out quite standard really. Great sound, but very normal sounding considering who made it. At this point, at any rate, 2:30 and on, it developes into a piece which has a lot of familiar sounds.

Some dynamics as well: build-up, climax, build-down, another build-up and end. If I got it right. Very interesting with pieces where you don't have the 1990 sound, SamZen. Not that I should talk, I use old samples myself, but I just have to say I like your OGGs too.

Sam_Zen

2 cubaxd
You're quite right, the bass is somewhat off-tune. Sorry for the big file, but I didn't yet want to publish the module at this point.
(Not quite so big though, considering the 97 Mb wav of the 4C version..)

2 apple-joe
You're right too. Familiar sounds and dynamics. I sometimes get bored with myself, listening to something, and recognizing some old tricks again.

mrvegas

Finally starting to listen to people's stuff on the forum.  This is a cool song.

And Sam (and others) -- thanks for taking the time to answer everyone's questions.