[E-Jazz] Not X (OGG)

Started by Sam_Zen, December 26, 2006, 08:20:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Sam_Zen

Quite productive these days, so here is Not X.
Original XM-tracker of 12 channels, 18 lofi samples, with all patterns revised.
The section starting around 4:00 gives room for a here non-existent solo-instrument. Since it's a tracker, it's quite easy to give more room for such a solo by duplicating x times the appropriate patterns in that section.

apple-joe

Nice. Around 1:05 the music made me think of the forest for some reason. Again, as in one of your most recent tracks, the rhythm is quite stable, while the melodies are more free/non-standard.

Is it me or is it seldom you incorporate string chords which remain in the background for a longer period of time? If this is correct; is there any particular reason why it is so?

Sam_Zen

Thinking of a forest, great..

You're right about me often using stable rhythms, even exact repeating rhythms. That was one reason for this revision, to add or change tiny elements in the accompaniment so here and there.
The melodies are maybe non-standard, but they are not that free as they seem. The tune that is played just before that point of 1:05 is repeated a few times further on in the song and at the end. That's why I dare to call this a jazz-model : A theme and improvisations.

This theme is maybe a bit confusing to recognize, because it is not only played by some tonal sound, but also by a percussive sound that is embedded in the same sample as the tonal sound, so it follows the tonal changes.

QuoteIs it me or is it seldom you incorporate string chords which remain in the background for a longer period of time?
Interesting question. I've done it in some songs I think, but there's is no particular reason for it, because I consider such elements per song again. Maybe also caused by the fact, that I never prepare some scheme of chord-changes before I start making a song.
This time there are some string chords present, but only with 2 or 3 rather short notes.